• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice Period !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice Period !

Hi Guys,

My friend's client given him contract termination notice due to lack of projects, his contract with recruitment Agency shows 4 weeks notice. But the client says their contract with agency got 1 week's notice!!. So how to make sure agency pays him for 4 weeks ??? Please advice if you were in similar position...? Thanks.

Oh is it your first day?

No timesheet = no pay, unless...

Did they opt in to agency regs?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
      Hi Guys,

My friend's client given him contract termination notice due to lack of projects, his contract with recruitment Agency shows 4 weeks notice. But the client says their contract with agency got 1 week's notice!!. So how to make sure agency pays him for 4 weeks ??? Please advice if you were in similar position...? Thanks.
      You’ve only read part of your contract.
      It will state payment is based on signed timesheets. No signed timesheets, no pay.
      You’re a contractor, not a permie. You are now experiencing the downside of being a contractor. Either accept it, or take a permanent job.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Your 'friend' can try to asset a four week notice period, but the client can revoke access to the car park after one week. Checkmate.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Oh is it your first day?

No timesheet = no pay, unless...

Did they opt in to agency regs?
          Have to find that..whats the impact either way..??

Comment

Non. Agency regs have never resolved a dispute and are even less understood by agents than us. Forget going there.

I would have thought you knew better but then again I've no idea why. It's been said endless times on here. You get paid for the work you do. End of. They could give him a week, 4 weeks, 10 years notice but if there is no work to do he doesn't earn another penny. Simple as that. The minute the client says we don't want you then game over.

Why do 'friends' ask you for advice anyway? If I knew someone that was clueless about contracting I wouldn't be going to them for advice.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 1 October 2019, 00:01.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

General please.

Comment

Google...

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...yXeYfyqKVZJPPQ

Comment

Hi Guys,

If they are offering to pay 1 week for no work then smile politely and accept it.
                  And tell them to give you a call when they do have projects.
                  Sounds like a nice client to work with.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    If they are offering to pay 1 week for no work then smile politely and accept it.
                    And tell them to give you a call when they do have projects.
                    Sounds like a nice client to work with.
                    Paying for the car park is a challenge though.

Comment

Working...
                    X