• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside ir35

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside ir35

Hi. What things would make you as a contractor working outside ir35 in the tech world?

Are the above some ideas?
    • working remotely
    • clear defined tasks specified in the contract
    • no interview process(do you interview a contract plumber?)
    • using own equipment

No one is going to answer that for you. You should be putting an ounce of effort in to your career and finding this out yourself.

You shouldn't be asking these questions at all, let alone at this stage in the game.

Go read the first timer guides on the right and then go read the IR35 link.

Then go on the Internet and do more research.

Once you've done all this and having problems with individual elements you can search the forum using the Google search method. Type the following in to Google adding in the keywords you are after

(keywords) site:forums.contractoruk.com

You can't tick box this stuff. You need to understand it. Emphasis on you.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 2 October 2019, 12:43.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

NLUK Mode activated

Check out the IR35 section >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IR35 Legislation: Advice, Help and Information for Contractors | Contractor UK
      Last edited by BlueSharp; 2 October 2019, 12:42. Reason: Dam it, to slow.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Even more surprising is you've been a contractor for 4 years and your first post was on a thread about Ir35 crackdowns.

Guess we should be thanking you and peers for the situation we are now in.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
          NLUK Mode activated
          Is there a uniform? I feel that we should have a uniform. NLads Assemble!
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I'm asking what you guys think. That is all. It's a discussion as ir35 in itself is a grey area

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              Is there a uniform? I feel that we should have a uniform. NLads Assemble!
              No uniform but you've got to have earned your stripes on the ban list before being considered.

Comment

Originally posted by jonneymendoza View Post
                I'm asking what you guys think. That is all. It's a discussion as ir35 in itself is a grey area
                Not at the level you are asking. They elements have been documented for over 10 years and tested in court a number of times since.

If you don't know after 4 years then you are inside.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Not at the level you are asking. They elements have been documented for over 10 years and tested in court a number of times since.

If you don't know after 4 years then you are inside.
                  I do know and have listed some ways of being outside ir35 but wanted to gauge people's views on there thoughts on ir35.

Apologies all

Comment

Originally posted by jonneymendoza View Post
                    I do know and have listed some ways of being outside ir35 but wanted to gauge people's views on there thoughts on ir35.

Apologies all
                    Well unfortunately you are way off the mark I am afraid. Only one of them has any strong bearing on IR35 at all. The rest vary in their irrelevance/strength.

Back to basics and go read the links and you'll quickly see which are irrelevant and why.
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 2 October 2019, 13:13.

Comment

Working...
                    X