• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside ir35

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well unfortunately you are way off the mark I am afraid. Only one of them has any strong bearing on IR35 at all. The rest vary in their irrelevance/strength.

Back to basics and go read the links and you'll quickly see which are irrelevant and why.
    I've read most of it now and crisp of it all is that a contractor should not be treated as a employee and some of the reasons I've mentioned help with that in my field.

I'll continue to read the remaining bits of it

Comment

Originally posted by jonneymendoza View Post
      I've read most of it now and crisp of it all is that a contractor should not be treated as a employee and some of the reasons I've mentioned help with that in my field.

I'll continue to read the remaining bits of it
      That was quick. It's taken me 10 years and I'm still unclear on some areas.

The fact you are still hanging on to your points would indicate to me you've not read enough or understood it. Look out for something discussing three pillars. Should be mentioned in every IR35 article.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Even I am with NL on this one.

Must be a cold day in hell...

This thread might need to be closed down before a full lynching takes place.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post

13C in swindon, apparently. hth

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Even more surprising is you've been a contractor for 4 years and your first post was on a thread about Ir35 crackdowns.

Guess we should be thanking you and peers for the situation we are now in.
            Less of those kind of posts NLUK.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Less of those kind of posts NLUK.
              Oops sorry. Posted in frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post

Right.

Listen very carefully, I will say this only once.

People will be coming here for help and advice regarding IR35. What they do not need are smart-arses jumping down their throats the moment they ask advice which to the regulars here is obvious.

Not everyone has a brain the size of a planet.

I appreciate some will be thick-skulled and won't want to take the advice given, and in those instances 'tough love' is expected.

But I will start infracting those who begin a conversation/thread in this manner.

I hope I have made myself clear.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  13C in swindon, apparently. hth
                  -20C in all conditions up north.

Comment

You have and I see I overstepped the mark there but there is a paragraph in the netiquettte that says

So basically, we will help where we can but we dislike lazy posting. If you find the above steps too much of a hassle, you deserve all you get.

I guess it's keeping the line of a swift rebuff and being rude.

Comment

If they ask basic questions just do what BlueSharp did and point them to the IR35 Info (I do hope this is your new mode..)

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                      NLUK Mode activated

Check out the IR35 section >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IR35 Legislation: Advice, Help and Information for Contractors | Contractor UK

Comment

Working...
                      X