• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside ir35

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    That was quick. It's taken me 10 years and I'm still unclear on some areas.

The fact you are still hanging on to your points would indicate to me you've not read enough or understood it. Look out for something discussing three pillars. Should be mentioned in every IR35 article.
    Quick to read? Yes it doesn't take long to read the link you provided.

Comment

Originally posted by jonneymendoza View Post
      Quick to read? Yes it doesn't take long to read the link you provided.
      You mean the link that BlueTeachersPetCrawlyBumLickSharp posted?

There is a ton of other highly focused links to read in there as well don't forget.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I found this article better than the one mentioned on page 1 here

What is IR35? | IT Contractors | Inside or outside IR35?

Comment

Nice find. As you can see there is no check list, just certain principles we have to adhere to operate as outside ir35.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Whilst we are on this subject....

I have FINALLY received an email from the agency on behalf of my client (who ultimately make the IR35 decisions)....

Our review of the legislation and initial findings indicate that a significant proportion of roles will be ‘In Scope’ of the regulations, meaning that X could become liable for any unpaid tax and NI in relation to those roles. However at this stage I cannot confirm the scope determination or impact for individual roles or contractors. I appreciate your eagerness to understand the impact of X determination for you personally, and ask for your patience whilst we complete our assessment.

They have indicated a timeline of one months time for the review to be done and communicated to each of the contractors. This isn't ideal for me personally, as ultimately i wanted the decision to be made in the new year (when I would have already left the client). Now I am thinking that I should probably hand my notice in very soon (one month notice) before any decision has been communicated to me. Currently, my role is outside. QDOS reviewed contract (and passed) and I have IR35 TLC insurance.

However, based on the wording "a significant proportion of roles will be ‘In Scope’ of the regulations" makes me extremely nervous, as whilst I believe my role is currently outside (and should also be post April), the client could be nervous and react the way the banks have done.

Any advice any of you have would be most appreciated....

Comment

Originally posted by CompoundOverload View Post
              Whilst we are on this subject....

I have FINALLY received an email from the agency on behalf of my client (who ultimately make the IR35 decisions)....

Our review of the legislation and initial findings indicate that a significant proportion of roles will be ‘In Scope’ of the regulations, meaning that X could become liable for any unpaid tax and NI in relation to those roles. However at this stage I cannot confirm the scope determination or impact for individual roles or contractors. I appreciate your eagerness to understand the impact of X determination for you personally, and ask for your patience whilst we complete our assessment.

They have indicated a timeline of one months time for the review to be done and communicated to each of the contractors. This isn't ideal for me personally, as ultimately i wanted the decision to be made in the new year (when I would have already left the client). Now I am thinking that I should probably hand my notice in very soon (one month notice) before any decision has been communicated to me. Currently, my role is outside. QDOS reviewed contract (and passed) and I have IR35 TLC insurance.

However, based on the wording "a significant proportion of roles will be ‘In Scope’ of the regulations" makes me extremely nervous, as whilst I believe my role is currently outside (and should also be post April), the client could be nervous and react the way the banks have done.

Any advice any of you have would be most appreciated....

Start your own thread instead of hijacking another one?

But first look at this sticky:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ould-i-go.html
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                Start your own thread instead of hijacking another one?

But first look at this sticky:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ould-i-go.html
                Sorry, didn't realise I would be high jacking the thread as it's based on the same subject....but take your point and will create yet another IR35 thread.

Comment

The link wasn't to an article. It was to a resource area with over 80 links relating to all aspects of IR35. If you scroll down a bit you will find an article purely on using your own kit and another one about attendance on site and much much more.

Ir35 is about much more that one page descriptions.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Outside ir35

Whatever happens, I hope clients aren’t relying on agent advice
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      It's taken me 10 years and I'm still unclear on some areas.
                      One should not discount the possibility that others might be quicker than you.

Comment

Working...
                      X