• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's an accountant's reference?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    Or it can backfire spectacularly, given that's it's a bad idea to lie on a SC application form...
    But I don't have an accountant!

And still managed to get clients in banks and pass all the security clearance
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      But I don't have an accountant!

And still managed to get clients in banks and pass all the security clearance
      Not having an accountant and truthfully stating that you don't have an accountant is fine. But by the sounds of it OP has an accountant, so stating "I don't have an accountant" to avoid providing reference is not the wisest choice/advise.

Comment

Not sure what the OP's problem is. In stead of giving all my contract clients or agencies for the past few years I always just give my accountant as reference, much faster and more reliable
        Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
          Not sure what the OP's problem is. In stead of giving all my contract clients or agencies for the past few years I always just give my accountant as reference, much faster and more reliable
          I don't think your accountant is a reliable reference for the dates you worked on a contract. How would they know? And can they prove it?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I don't think your accountant is a reliable reference for the dates you worked on a contract. How would they know? And can they prove it?
            Indeed, bank drone vetting would ignore

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Accountant states that I am a director of a limited company from the date of incorporation, no need to give contract dates and explain gaps. Worked for my last two contracts. Admittedly they weren't banks, but both were in highly regulated industries.
              Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Working...
              X