• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help with UK SC Clearances

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with UK SC Clearances

Hi Guys,

I am new to the contracting industry and really could do with some help or at least someone to point me in the right direction....(sorry if this isn't right place to post this0

I currently have SC UK Clearance and I need to get this transferred to the new company I am working for...they are a new Cyber Security company (only been trading 2 months). The new company I work for doesn't know how to transfer my clearance...They have asked me whether I can find out...I've spent hours googling and this and have come to the following conclusion.

The new company I am working for can only request my SC Clearance if they are sponsored. They must be contracted (or are in the process of being contracted) to work on one or more specific classified projects.

Once they are sponsored then they can request access to NSVS Portal to request my transfer is brought across.

Is this correct?

Originally posted by svawer90 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am new to the contracting industry and really could do with some help or at least someone to point me in the right direction....(sorry if this isn't right place to post this0

I currently have SC UK Clearance and I need to get this transferred to the new company I am working for...they are a new Cyber Security company (only been trading 2 months). The new company I work for doesn't know how to transfer my clearance...They have asked me whether I can find out...I've spent hours googling and this and have come to the following conclusion.

The new company I am working for can only request my SC Clearance if they are sponsored. They must be contracted (or are in the process of being contracted) to work on one or more specific classified projects.

Once they are sponsored then they can request access to NSVS Portal to request my transfer is brought across.

Is this correct?
    Clearance is tied to the role not the individual. Only organisations who are List X approved or are subcontracted to a List X organisation can request clearance for their staff / contractors where the role requires it.

If your new client doesn't yet have a contract to supply to a List X organisation they cannot handle your clearance.

Once they have this they need to contact the Security Officer at your last employer and request transfer of your clearance to the new role. Contact details should have been on your original clearance letter confirming your status and the duration of your clearance.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by svawer90 View Post
      Hi Guys,

Is this correct?

Yes. It's correct.
      If they're not a sponsor, and don't work for a client who needs SC why do they 'need' you to have SC?
      Answer: They don't but they'd like it.

This is simple. Just show them the letter for your previous clearance so they know you can get it if they ever have a genuine need.
      When (if) they do have a need then they just put you through.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Thanks everyone makes sense and just what I thought!

Comment

Working...
        X