• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract ended - agency not paying me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the invoicing periods? weekly or monthly?
    what was the reason for contract termination?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      what are the invoicing periods? weekly or monthly?
      what was the reason for contract termination?
      Weekly invoices.

Contract termination due to the fact that they didn't win a project that had hoped to get so they let a couple of contractors go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dockeyboy30 View Post
        Contract was before.
        Then you may be properly opted out and will have to wait. Do read up on the regulations though, if you haven't already.

What do you mean by that? I receive invoices from the agency for the payment for hours I have done. I haven't received any invoices for this 8 weeks although I have had the hours approved electronically from the company via timesheets.
        Do you have a self-invoicing system where the agency automatically raises invoices?

Are you an IPSE (or is it IPSE+) member? You can then get some money back for business interruption.

Comment

so you saw no invoices for 8 weeks?
          shouldn't you have wondered about this after one?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            so you saw no invoices for 8 weeks?
            shouldn't you have wondered about this after one?
            Yeah they took me into the office and told me they were giving me a months notice. They said that all outstanding invoices would be paid to me before my final day. My final day was 2 weeks ago and they still haven't been paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Then you may be properly opted out and will have to wait. Do read up on the regulations though, if you haven't already.

Do you have a self-invoicing system where the agency automatically raises invoices?

Are you an IPSE (or is it IPSE+) member? You can then get some money back for business interruption.
              Yeah the agency will send an invoice for payment showing hours I have worked and the hourly rate. Then they send another payslip to show that it's actually been paid into my account.
              Nope not an IPSE member but thanks can look into this for future contracts.

Comment

Yeah the agency will send an invoice for payment showing hours I have worked and the hourly rate. Then they send another payslip to show that it's actually been paid into my account.
                Nope not an IPSE member but thanks can look into this for future contracts.
                Not sure what else to suggest. I would be inclined to raise and send an invoice in any case.

Let us know how it works out.

Comment

Did you sign an opt out form?

Opt in or opt out - Agency Conduct Regs - Qdos Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    No I didn't.

Comment

No I didn't.
                      I've been out of UK contracting for five years so that's probably as far as I can get you. I expect someone will be along later on with some advice as to next steps. I would however ask agency to raise the self invoices and if they don't raise one yourself. You want to get he clock ticking if you are going to seek to recover.

Comment

Working...
                      X