• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract ended - agency not paying me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract ended - agency not paying me

Hi,

I was contracting through my limited company with a recruitment agency for over 2 years. The contract has now ended but they still owe my limited company 8 weeks wages totalling £8,000. The agency say they won't pay me until they receive the money from the company I was working for.

I read the contract and it says they won't pay me until they receive the money from the company I was working for.

The company are in a bad way so I'm worried that if I don't do anything about it I will never get the money I have worked for.

So now I am sitting here waiting for the money to be paid in. Is there anything else I can do or am I totally screwed? Could I threaten court action on the company to pay me the money? The time sheets were signed off so there is proof that I worked those hours.

Originally posted by Dockeyboy30 View Post
    Hi,

I was contracting through my limited company with a recruitment agency for over 2 years. The contract has now ended but they still owe my limited company 8 weeks wages totalling £8,000. The agency say they won't pay me until they receive the money from the company I was working for.

I read the contract and it says they won't pay me until they receive the money from the company I was working for.

The company are in a bad way so I'm worried that if I don't do anything about it I will never get the money I have worked for.

So now I am sitting here waiting for the money to be paid in. Is there anything else I can do or am I totally screwed? Could I threaten court action on the company to pay me the money? The time sheets were signed off so there is proof that I worked those hours.
    Firstly, did you opt out of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations. If so, when did you opt out?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Firstly, did you opt out of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations. If so, when did you opt out?
      I don't believe I opted out of anything. All I did was sign the contract.

Comment

I don't believe I opted out of anything. All I did was sign the contract.
        Then have a Google of those regs.

Comment

The agency say they won't pay me until they receive the money from the company I was working for.

Mmm... looks like you'll have to wait. (Unless there's something that applies from being opted in). The way to have prevented this from happening before this state was reached is to credit check the agency before you sign anything, and if not good, then insist on shorter payment terms.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Then have a Google of those regs.
            OK so I have read the contract and it says those regulations don't apply to my contract. So I'm right in saying I am screwed unless the company pay the agency?

Comment

OK so I have read the contract and it says those regulations don't apply to my contract. So I'm right in saying I am screwed unless the company pay the agency?
              Did you get the contract before or after you were introduced to the client?

Comment

Also have you invoiced yet? If not, you should do so immediately.

Comment

Did you get the contract before or after you were introduced to the client?
                  Contract was before.

Comment

Also have you invoiced yet? If not, you should do so immediately.
                    What do you mean by that? I receive invoices from the agency for the payment for hours I have done. I haven't received any invoices for this 8 weeks although I have had the hours approved electronically from the company via timesheets.

Comment

Working...
                    X