• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sort of Contract Extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking a random bunch of internet weirdos to comment on a situation we have no knowledge of, no real tangible insight in to doesn't really help but fuel speculation.

Everything here is pure speculation and it would be best resolved by asking the client why it is only a 2 week extension. It could be for a number of issues.... Budget sign off? New IR35 Rules? New Business win pending? Or shutting you out over Xmas before bringing you back?

None of us know and only you can ask the client.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      It’s like you tell your lover you are getting a penis extension she assumes you are getting a whopper and dreams of big boy sex, but you come home with an extra inch.

Your wife should have asked you, how long

Ask the same question of the client to avoid disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      I'm not convinced it helps for you to project your own personal problems onto the OP's contractual dilemma, but ICBW.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
        Asking a random bunch of internet weirdos ... None of us know and only you can ask the client.
        You are ultimately right of course but some of that speculation covered things I hadn’t previously thought about, so success as far as I’m concerned.

Comment

Another contractor and I got extended until just before Christmas this week (each by about a month) to keep all contractors in sync. Depending on what sector you are in they might not be thinking about 2020 yet. Or they might not want you next year.

Would recommend asking the agent.

Comment

Working...
          X