• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sort of Contract Extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort of Contract Extension

I have been contracting with an organisation. I have been getting on well. People have spoke highly of me, people have said they want me to be involved in plans for 2020 etc etc

I was told I would get a contract extension. I was initially puzzled because the contract extension would only take me into Jan 2020 but assumed it was because budgets were just being finalised.

I got contacted by the agent today and I got told I would be offered a two week extension which took me up to the Christmas break.

Without you know, going and asking someone who might know what is going on, can anyone advise what might be happening here?

Originally posted by ContractBunny View Post
    I have been contracting with an organisation. I have been getting on well. People have spoke highly of me, people have said they want me to be involved in plans for 2020 etc etc

I was told I would get a contract extension. I was initially puzzled because the contract extension would only take me into Jan 2020 but assumed it was because budgets were just being finalised.

I got contacted by the agent today and I got told I would be offered a two week extension which took me up to the Christmas break.

Without you know, going and asking someone who might know what is going on, can anyone advise what might be happening here?
    Haha [emoji23]
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Have you asked your accountant?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Have you asked your accountant?
        So the correct inference, is that there is no job in 2020.

Comment

You did get an extension, just not one that is into 2020 as you seemed to believe. Being involved in the plans for 2020 are not the same as being *in* the plans for 2020.

It could be a cock up, it could be budgets, it could be pending an IR35 review. You won't truly know without asking the client.

Comment

Nothing to do with them releasing a determination of the roles so the new ones after Xmas will be based on the new determination?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It’s like you tell your lover you are getting a penis extension she assumes you are getting a whopper and dreams of big boy sex, but you come home with an extra inch.

Your wife should have asked you, how long

Ask the same question of the client to avoid disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

If they had zero plans to bring you back wouldn't they just let your current contract expire 2 weeks earlier? What can you achieve in those 2 weeks, are you wrapping up a project?

It looks positive to me.

Comment

Have you asked the agent?

Agents and HR departments/hiring managers wouldn't normally be bothered with such a short extension due to the paperwork involved. I needed a two week extension recently to finish just another 2 days part time consulting work I was doing. The client asked me to bill it as if I had worked in the previous month which is what was agreed with the agent.

Comment

I have been contracting with an organisation. I have been getting on well. People have spoke highly of me, people have said they want me to be involved in plans for 2020 etc etc?
                    Who are these people?

People say things. The people that say things do not always speak to the people who do things. The people that do things are usually more important than the people who say things.

You need to speak to the people who do things.

Comment

Working...
                    X