• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QED Resourcing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QED Resourcing

Does anyone have recent experience with this organization?

QED Resourcing - some experience

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
    Does anyone have recent experience with this organization?
    Hi there.

If QED Resourcing then yes, I have, and it's not good.

Was contacted by them today asking me for a CV for a Programme Manager job in a law firm. With my experience, sounded legit.

So I sent my CV, covering statement, etc, and got an email back commenting that my CV needed work. So I got a little suspicious at this point and looked the company and their jobs up.

What did I find?

5 almost identical Project / Programme Manager jobs in the 5 more popular sectors in London (Travel, FS, Law, Healthcare, Insurance).

All five jobs had impossible ranges of rate (500 - 100, 550 - 1100, 600 - 900) that would indicate a CV trawl.

And from companies house, the company was wound up in January 2019, and ceased to trade at that point.

My conclusion, I'm pretty certain this is a CV re-writing factory posing as a recruiter. Very, very annoying.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 December 2019, 17:52.

Comment

Originally posted by OneShotSugs View Post
      Hi there.

If by QED Resourcing you mean these guys: Home Page then yes, I have, and it's not good.

Was contacted by them today asking me for a CV for a Programme Manager job in a law firm. With my experience, sounded legit.

So I sent my CV, covering statement, etc, and got an email back commenting that my CV needed work. So I got a little suspicious at this point and looked the company and their jobs up.

What did I find?

5 almost identical Project / Programme Manager jobs in the 5 more popular sectors in London (Travel, FS, Law, Healthcare, Insurance).

All five jobs had impossible ranges of rate (500 - 100, 550 - 1100, 600 - 900) that would indicate a CV trawl.

And from companies house, the company was wound up in January 2019, and ceased to trade at that point.

My conclusion, I'm pretty certain this is a CV re-writing factory posing as a recruiter. Very, very annoying.
      Oh yes - you're quite right!
      QED RESOURCING LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by OneShotSugs View Post
        Hi there.

If by QED Resourcing you mean these guys: Home Page then yes, I have, and it's not good.

What did I find?

Had a look through my application history and they have this law firm Programme manager role at least since Dec 2017 and always a rate of 500-900 or more

Comment

I've had a similar experience. Vague roles with wide rate bands. Applied earlier then role suddenly became active again some months later. CV needs work, etc. The person there is an Edward Slater. You might want to do your due diligence before applying or responding.

Mr Edward Hugh Slater (Qed Resourcing Limited) - Director Profile - Endole

Comment

Avoid, it's a CV-Writing service posing as a recruiter

I had a similar experience, actually fell for it and was convinced my CV needed a professional re-write (circa £500)!
            I've seen the same collection of job adverts being posted recently (currently on CV-Library).
            No recruiter has open programme management roles at £900 per day across Financial Services, Healthcare (always the "Harley Street Medical Provider), Private Equity (a firm restructuring for an IPO), Travel, Law Firms (to deliver remote working), in my opinion it's all a scam to convince you to buy a CV re-write from an associated company ("Executive Jungle" was the one they recommended for me).
            Incidentally the cv re-write itself was quite good format-wise... (but do it yourself for free!) ... but that said, it's still a scam advertising jobs that do not exist.
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 December 2019, 12:36. Reason: Additional Info.

Comment

Originally posted by GPC2013 View Post
              I had a similar experience, actually fell for it and was convinced my CV needed a professional re-write (circa £500)! And I've seen the same collection of job adverts being posted (currently on CV-Library), no recruiter has open programme management roles at £900 per day across Financial Services, Healthcare (always the "Harley Street Medical Provider), a Private Equity Firm restructuring for an IPO, a Travel industry programme job, the law firm looking to pay a programme manager to deliver remote working etc. In my opinion it's all a scam.
              Did you knock him down then?
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I had a similar experience, actually fell for it and was convinced my CV needed a professional re-write (circa £500)!
                I've seen the same collection of job adverts being posted recently (currently on CV-Library).
                No recruiter has open programme management roles at £900 per day across Financial Services, Healthcare (always the "Harley Street Medical Provider), Private Equity (a firm restructuring for an IPO), Travel, Law Firms (to deliver remote working), in my opinion it's all a scam to convince you to buy a CV re-write from an associated company ("Executive Jungle" was the one they recommended for me).
                Incidentally the cv re-write itself was quite good format-wise... (but do it yourself for free!) ... and it doesn't change that they're posting bogus jobs.

"Alexander Recruitment Limited" also look to be the same pattern, but I don't know for sure.
                I got exactly the same from QED, but I got a Dutch girl to rewrite for £30 on fiver - cv looks superb now and had 3 interviews this week !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Avoid, it's a CV-Writing service posing as a recruiter

Nice one! Can you link me the Fiver account? Unless you're the person touting for CV business in Fiver (in which case I commend you!)

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  I got exactly the same from QED, but I got a Dutch girl to rewrite for £30 on fiver - cv looks superb now and had 3 interviews this week !!!

Comment

Nice one! Can you link me the Fiver account? Unless you're the person touting for CV business in Fiver (in which case I commend you!)
                    I’ve been rumbled

Comment

Working...
                    X