• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies (again)

So already been through the hoops with an agency. They promised to send the CV through. Demanded I send them some words agreeing not to go via another agency, which i did reluctantly. And then 5 minutes later they drop another list of unreasonable demands for more nonsense on me.

As far as I am concerned getting my email agreement fraudulently.

Scum as far as I am concerned.

No the wonder agents get such a bad rap.

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    So already been through the hoops with an agency. They promised to send the CV through. Demanded I send them some words agreeing not to go via another agency, which i did reluctantly. And then 5 minutes later they drop another list of unreasonable demands for more nonsense on me.

As far as I am concerned getting my email agreement fraudulently.

Scum as far as I am concerned.

No the wonder agents get such a bad rap.
    Out of interest, what were those unreasonable demands?

Do you view them as unreasonable on a personal basis or on a business basis?

Comment

Most agencies have broadly the same formula, but there are exceptions where they chuck in a few unnecessary steps or ask for way too much info for the CV submission stage.

Had one agent who contacted me about a role, then before submitting my CV he asked to have another call on my lunch break where we could talk further.
      I took the call and asked what he needed, then he said he wanted me to talk through my CV in detail for about 45 minutes and asked if that was OK?

You can either play ball with them as it may just be incompetence or inefficiency, or tell them where to go and move on. Life is too short.
      If its just a list of 10-12 single word answers, nothing difficult or too personal, I'd just do it.

Comment

Working...
      X