• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE - A letter from the CEO about IR35 in Finance (ref: Lloyds, Barclays)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE - A letter from the CEO about IR35 in Finance (ref: Lloyds, Barclays)

A letter from the CEO: IR35 in the finance sector | IPSE
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

That's IPSE, not us. Confused me for a minute.

Seb
    Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

The tile is wrong. Came here to see what QDOS have to say, turns out it's just IPSE impotence.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        The tile is wrong. Came here to see what QDOS have to say, turns out it's just IPSE impotence.
        Think that's a little harsh - can't see anything in that letter to take offence at.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Think that's a little harsh - can't see anything in that letter to take offence at.
          There's nothing offensive in the letter, you're right. But, it's just full of platitudes.

Does anyone really think the tax system will be redesigned in the life of this generation? And if so, will it be driven by IPSE?

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
            That's IPSE, not us. Confused me for a minute.

Seb
            Oh bugger... got my mailing lists mixed up!
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              Oh bugger... got my mailing lists mixed up!
              Lucky it's just QDOS and not Grindr in the title then hey!!
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thread title changed to avoid confusion!

Comment

You're still on their mailing list? I was taken off in January - I never opted out, they just stopped sending me stuff after the AGM. Looks like I haven't missed much.

Waiting to see if they bother contacting me about my membership expiring in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    Any form of protest, if in the face of an immoveable force, can be seen as impotence.

While there may only be a percentile chance of protests going heard and heeded, doing nothing at all will guarantee not even that percentile.

So rather than whining plaintively, please can you illustrate for us what you would do if in their position. What IS possible other than what is being done already?

Comment

Working...
                    X