• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which countries worldwide are pro contracting (high rate + demand)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which countries worldwide are pro contracting (high rate + demand)

I recently started contracting (2 years) and am working in Netherlands with a good day rate in IT.

Next year I want to travel for the entire year but also maintain about 70% of my current salary (optimistic) . So only this is possible if I continue to work.

I am looking to know about any countries worldwide that are favourable to contracting. I know of UK, Ireland, NL, BE, Switzerland, Sweden. Any others either in EU or better further away?

If anyone has ventured away like this with similar experience would be great to know.

Basically I'm looking to travel indefinitely and keep working about 6 to 10 months of the year. (not sure if it's even possible! )

Remove UK from your list

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
      Remove UK from your list
      Indeed

Although if I got a remote role from UK that would suit perfectly.
      Rates are still way above what you would get in a lot of other places.

Comment

Originally posted by jf2010 View Post

Basically I'm looking to travel indefinitely and keep working about 6 to 10 months of the year. (not sure if it's even possible! )
        And I wish I were John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
          And I wish I were John Wayne
          Dead?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

there's some stuff in KSA.
            depends on what you do, and your appetite for risk

Comment

Emirates , tax free

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                Remove UK from your list
                that's just plain daft.

The UK has one of the most beneficial tax system for contractors. Whether that remains the case is yet to be revealed.
                At the very worse you'll have to pay tax like a permie, which is pretty much the same as most other countries anyway.
                At the very best you might be a real contractor who can continue to enjoy the generous tax system.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by jf2010 View Post
                  I recently started contracting (2 years) and am working in Netherlands with a good day rate in IT.

Next year I want to travel for the entire year but also maintain about 70% of my current salary (optimistic) . So only this is possible if I continue to work.

I am looking to know about any countries worldwide that are favourable to contracting. I know of UK, Ireland, NL, BE, Switzerland, Sweden. Any others either in EU or better further away?

If anyone has ventured away like this with similar experience would be great to know.

you should maybe narrow this down a bit.
                  What countries are you allowed to work in? Now and after 1st November.
                  I'd guess that it's just the EU, and anywhere else you need to request permission by some method.
                  So widen your list by finding out which countries are likely to allow you if you request.

What languages do you speak? That could well have a bearing. Whilst English is the language of business, it works fine for meetings and such but intergration into the workforce won't be so easy.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

After Brexit, India might outsource their work to England so would watch the space.
                    When dealing on WTO terms or limited trade arangement, ensuring mobility of workforce would be least of their concerns. Not sure they would even want to allow it, as long as the discomfort can be blamed on someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X