• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The client has reduced the rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The client has reduced the rate

first time i have had this happen to me.

the bare faced cheek of the agent...
    its not like they dont already have a good £200 a day mark up, but they try it to take another £50 per day once interviews with the client have been agreed.

Luckily the forums have made me wise to what thieving robbing bastards they are all.

The title says the client reduced the rate, then you say it's the agency trying it on.

So what you're really saying is that the agency is claiming the client reduced the rate

How do you know what the agency margin is? I've never managed to get them to tell me that info.

Comment

This happens and its more than likely the agent trying it on IMO. I had it recently, agent tried shaving it down prior to interview claiming the clients budget had shrunk. Told them I was interviewing elsewhere at the original rate (truth). Interview was then confirmed at the original full rate.

Some years ago on this forum I've reported it happening after successful interview and winning the gig. Both times I've threatened to walk / had other options, and suddenly the budget is restored....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        The title says the client reduced the rate, then you say it's the agency trying it on.

So what you're really saying is that the agency is claiming the client reduced the rate

How do you know what the agency margin is? I've never managed to get them to tell me that info.
        I've had it once where the client reduced the rate. To make sure the agency wasn't trying their luck, I checked with other contractors who were with other agencies and they confirmed. (at the next extension I had it back up to my old rate)
        Agencies at big companies are usually at 12-15% markup some a bit more, but hardly ever over 20%

Comment

One of the big banks I've worked with several times in the past will regularly tell all their contractors to take a rate cut mid contract. The choices are that you take it or you get terminated.
          If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
            One of the big banks I've worked with several times in the past will regularly tell all their contractors to take a rate cut mid contract. The choices are that you take it or you get terminated.
            Oh yes, that's really quite common. Or enforced leave at the end of the year.

Comment

Increase your rate by 75 quid and see if they will meet you half way.

Comment

Working...
              X