• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sending gift (bottle ??) to agency contact helped to get your contract..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending gift (bottle ??) to agency contact helped to get your contract..?

If you are asking these type of questions i think might be better to try and get one out for drinks. If she’s decent looking, might get something more out of it. (generally their kind do emerge from shallow characters)
    Be professional first do the dance(to show him you are the part) than find some things in common and see how it goes. Might help you with insight and advice that will help you later.
    Maybe a frind of a frind is one? Could be easier...

As for gifts, they are sales people, they’ll take the gift, give the role to the bot with higher commission than lie you through the teeth.

Later edit: Glengarry Glen Ross, might help.
    Last edited by GigiBronz; 12 October 2019, 21:40.

Comment

Last Christmas the agent I was working through sent me a case of fine wine (about £150)
      He also took me and a couple of other contractors out for drinks & dinner.

I would NEVER send an agent anything other than my CV.

You build relationships with agents and clients, and if you’re good at your job and the agent is good at theirs, then that’s all there is to it.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
        If you are asking these type of questions i think might be better to try and get one out for drinks. If she’s decent looking, might get something more out of it. (generally their kind do emerge from shallow characters)
        Added to the ever growing list of CUK tossers.

Comment

I was at an agent Christmas party in late 80s. Someone asked if a female agent had every slept with any of the contractors to get them to sign. A male agent saiod he had slept with a female contractor to persuade her to sign.

When I was 25 a female agent exposed a great deal of cleavage to get me to sign. I refused - tough at 25.

I assume these sorts of things don't go on any more.

Comment

Just send them a bottle of meths.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Just send them a bottle of piss.
              ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Just send them a bottle of meths.

Barrettine's gets good reviews.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  First review is very promising

Comment

Originally posted by LadyPenelope View Post
                    First review is very promising
                    And the first customer question. Can this be enjoyed with cheese?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If the female agent is a nice young lady I often offer my "services". Got me loads of contracts honest....
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X