• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sending gift (bottle ??) to agency contact helped to get your contract..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    If the female agent is a nice young lady I often offer my "services". Got me loads of contracts honest....
    Another one for you @Mudskipper
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      If the female agent is a nice young lady I often offer my "services". Got me loads of contracts honest....
      Do you regale them with stories about the Glastonbury toilets?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Another one for you @Mudskipper
        I know Mudskipper is a nice young lady. Has she branched out into agency now?

Maybe if there is a meeting with PC she could sent her assistant. NLyUK....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I know Mudskipper is a nice young lady. Has she branched out into agency now?

Maybe if there is a meeting with PC she could sent her assistant. NLyUK....
          No. She just had a special place in hell for posts/posters like this.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            No. She just had a special place in hell for posts/posters like this.
            Ahhh!

Still it could have been worse. They could have got some grammar wrong.....

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
              Is this becoming a trend ..???

if so how many of you here in CUK send X'mas gift or gift after joining a new contract to your the agency contact who helped (?) get your contract..????
              I've never sent anything to an agent.

Agents have never sent anything to me.

I try to avoid to meet them at all costs. Whenever they've asked to meet up for coffee/beer I've always made up an excuse.

There's a mutual, unspoken understanding: we use one another and that's it. No need for fake pleasantries.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                I've never sent anything to an agent.

Agents have never sent anything to me.

I try to avoid to meet them at all costs. Whenever they've asked to meet up for coffee/beer I've always made up an excuse.

There's a mutual, unspoken understanding: we use one another and that's it. No need for fake pleasantries.
                I take the complete opposite approach.

I've worked to develop a long term relationship with several agencies and agents which has paid off with repeated gigs.

During my last gig, the agent took me for lunch twice to swanky restaurants including one in Mayfair

I have frequently referred good people I know to them and identified potential opportunities at a client where they could look to place more contractors. Of course, he and the agency made a lot of money through me but long term, it's surely a good thing to maintain a positive friendly relationship with agents to keep you front of mind for future gigs?

It's easy to bash agents and a few I've come across were undoubtedly hopeless. There are good agencies and agents and in the new world post April 2020, many people may become more reliant on them, at least in the short term.

Comment

They’ll use the meal or “relationship built” as emotional blackmail when presented with pivoting situation.
                  They’ll use the time spent during the meal to figure out what stimulus you respond to, and how to control you.
                  They’ll drop you in a second for a chimp getting him 50£ more pd.
                  There is no loyalty on either side, similar as with broadband/insurance suppliers. You take a second contract with them, discomfort to switch, emotional attachment is factored in.
                  If you are decent, you’ll get the roles either way or even better.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I know Mudskipper is a nice young lady.
                    She's certainly nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      She's certainly nice...
                      And quite hot in “that dress” she sometimes wears

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X