• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sending gift (bottle ??) to agency contact helped to get your contract..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    And quite hot in “that dress” she sometimes wears

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      They’ll use the meal or “relationship built” as emotional blackmail when presented with pivoting situation.
      They’ll use the time spent during the meal to figure out what stimulus you respond to, and how to control you.
      They’ll drop you in a second for a chimp getting him 50£ more pd.
      There is no loyalty on either side, similar as with broadband/insurance suppliers. You take a second contract with them, discomfort to switch, emotional attachment is factored in.
      If you are decent, you’ll get the roles either way or even better.
      Yes, all the above could apply but if an agent has you and one other person for the role and all other things being equal, they're more likely to favour the person who's made some attempt at creating a relationship.

The particular agency I've been placed with multiple times (in my niche) has the best variety of gigs with the most interesting work at the best rates so I'm more than happy to get on with their agents - I know at least 20 of them on the perm and contract side.

Comment

Working...
      X