• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance question: previous employment terminated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    I just don’t see how its relevant. It’s not a question of honesty if you don’t go into the details of why you left a job. If it was important they would ask you this...
    Correct. I message that is repeated ad infinitum in the SC Clearance sticky the OP must have missed.

Answer the questions on the form open and honestly and stick it in. There is nothing more to it. It's likely they will already know what they want to know so it's more an exercise in aligning the answers you give with the ones they know. If they don't ask it they it's not on their risk radar. No need to elaborate unnecessarily.

No one knows what or how they actually do the vetting but they are looking for people that are trustworthy and aren't open to coercion etc when handling sensitive information. People leaving jobs or having the odd slap on the hand don't make them a security risk.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by needSomeAdvice View Post
      I see. It doesn't help I've got a spent conviction and two loans [15k and 27k] which I'm currently paying off. Wondering if its worth going through clearance because of the mounted negatives against me.
      Good grief.

A spent conviction is a spent conviction.

Loans? Most people have mortgages they are paying off.

Why on earth are you viewing them as negatives - they are part of life. They are only viewed as negatives if you lie about them, seek to cover them up...

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
        Good grief.

A spent conviction is a spent conviction.

Loans? Most people have mortgages they are paying off.

Why on earth are you viewing them as negatives - they are part of life. They are only viewed as negatives if you lie about them, seek to cover them up...
        I would imagine if he's been let go and has loans of that size that his lifestyle isn't quite as normal as most but doesn't want to, or need to, go in to it on here.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by needSomeAdvice View Post
          I see. It doesn't help I've got a spent conviction and two loans [15k and 27k] which I'm currently paying off. Wondering if its worth going through clearance because of the mounted negatives against me.
          You don't know what the "negatives" are.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I would imagine if he's been let go and has loans of that size that his lifestyle isn't quite as normal as most but doesn't want to, or need to, go in to it on here.
            Could be anything - work done on hold, consolidating to cover debts.. who knows, as you say.

Nothing in what he's said triggers any alarm bells imo, as long as they are honest when undergoing SC.

Comment

I am led to believe the bigger red flag is having too much money, not too many loans.

Comment

Working...
              X