• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance question: previous employment terminated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Clearance question: previous employment terminated

Hi all,

I'm currently filling out the SC Clearance form and I had question about prior employment. In my previous SC Cleared role my employment was terminated because I was not suitable for the role. I was with the company for 1.5 years. I also have 2 emails from my team lead and a co-worker stating otherwise. I believe my employment was terminated because of my punctuality but this is speculation.

Regardless, should I disclose this on the SC form under: Are you aware of any other circumstances not covered by your previous answers which might affect your suitability for access to sensitive information
    or assets?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by needSomeAdvice View Post
    Hi all,

I'm currently filling out the SC Clearance form and I had question about prior employment. In my previous SC Cleared role my employment was terminated because I was not suitable for the role. I was with the company for 1.5 years. I also have 2 emails from my team lead and a co-worker stating otherwise. I believe my employment was terminated because of my punctuality but this is speculation.

Regardless, should I disclose this on the SC form under: Are you aware of any other circumstances not covered by your previous answers which might affect your suitability for access to sensitive information
    or assets?

Thanks in advance
    And one more time....

They are testing your honesty. They will know the answers, they are checking that you're telling them the same ones. They may or may not matter ultimately, but you dont pass by hiding stuff.

HTH
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      And one more time....

They are testing your honesty. They will know the answers, they are checking that you're telling them the same ones. They may or may not matter ultimately, but you dont pass by hiding stuff.

HTH
      I see. It doesn't help I've got a spent conviction and two loans [15k and 27k] which I'm currently paying off. Wondering if its worth going through clearance because of the mounted negatives against me.

Comment

I don't understand this attitude. What do you have to lose? Continue with the application and you will either pass or fail security clearance. If you don't submit the application , you definitely won't land the role.
        Last edited by fidot; 14 October 2019, 12:34.

Comment

Why would you not get clearance because of these things.

1 - that debt isn’t unusual
          2 - your conviction is spent - as long as your honest if the form asks
          3 - does it ask why you left/we’re sacked. If so just be honest without waffling

Overall just grow some and get on with it’s get another gig.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
            Why would you not get clearance because of these things.

1 - that debt isn’t unusual
            2 - your conviction is spent - as long as your honest if the form asks
            3 - does it ask why you left/we’re sacked. If so just be honest without waffling

Overall just grow some and get on with it’s get another gig.
            The form doesn't specifically ask about if I had left/was sacked from my previous employment. I am trying to be open and transparent as possible. But I'm wondering if its not something they're asking about do I need to disclose it? And do I put on the form that I have 2 emails of where my team leader and co-worker state I was more than capable of doing the job.

Comment

No idea why you would feel a need to offer up such detailed information if its not been requested.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                No idea why you would feel a need to offer up such detailed information if its not been requested.
                I guess I'm running with the theme of being honest. If they check my references and its disclosed my employment was terminated then is it best they find out from me or the employer?

Comment

Not sure what is the case for SC roles but i believe employer can only provide role title and dates for your engagement with them. Even if they find out, there can be multiple reasons for them to get rid of you, only a few related to you. Budget cuts, caught at the other end of politics.... if you are a contractor agents wouldn’t even bother asking usually.
                  Even if you were actually dismissed for perfomance, does it actually matter? Seeing how business operates, how some people survive, most of the times performance is not top criteria. Chin up, you wouldn’t have been selected if you weren’t good enough.
                  Worst thing you could do is blame yourself and start feeling you are not good enough, work yourself to a burn-out than probably dismissed again because of burn-out.

Comment

I just don’t see how its relevant. It’s not a question of honesty if you don’t go into the details of why you left a job. If it was important they would ask you this...

Comment

Working...
                    X