• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Options For Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options For Contractors

So, I'm guessing I am not the only one finding the "outside" IR35 market horrific at the moment. there are so few contracts and those that are there are so massively over subscribed that even if you were the perfect match the chances are you will never get near to the top of the pile to stand a chance. I spoke to one agent the other day who said they have stopped advertising roles as they are inundated with applications; too many to process and most without the required experience. I saw a role yesterday that came on at 8pm and was taken off by 8am and had 25 applications just from the site I was using to view it. Another agent this morning said he hadn't seen it this bad since 2008 both for perm and contract roles.

Some of us will have the option to transition our contracts to inside IR35 with the engagement of an umbrella company. So I am wondering what the advice is so that HMRC don't get the idea that every other contact I have undertaken should also have been inside. If the role title, role descriptions and the deliverables are different and you are transitioning before the end of this year is this enough?

You are right, you are not the only one, bearing in mind this is going affect every single private sector contractor.

That's why we've a part of the forum called IR35 Reform specifically for this topic and in there is, not only the same questions asked numerous times, but also a sticky highlighting your options and answering the same questions everyone is coming to forums with.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/ir35-reform/
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's a numbers game. I applied to around 50 a day to get my current gig after 2 months of looking.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        It's a numbers game. I applied to around 50 a day to get my current gig after 2 months of looking.
        What kind of role has 50 new jobs coming onto the market each day?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          Phone monkey

Comment

The only roles I see that are specifically 'Outside' are in the public sector.

I've yet to see a private sector contract advert that claims the role is outside or inside. I feel there are still a lot of clueless agents and clients who haven't organised themselves yet.

Comment

More like 15 new roles (most of which fake anyways), each one advertised by 3 agencies, 45 applications in total. That's plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                More like 15 new roles (most of which fake anyways), each one advertised by 3 agencies, 45 applications in total. That's plausible.
                You would apply for what is obviously the same role vis multiple agencies?

Comment

You would apply for what is obviously the same role vis multiple agencies?
                  Yes because it's not a given that all agencies will reply back. Some of them may have already received their target number of CV's for that role and therefore will bin yours straightaway.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    The only roles I see that are specifically 'Outside' are in the public sector.

I've yet to see a private sector contract advert that claims the role is outside or inside. I feel there are still a lot of clueless agents and clients who haven't organised themselves yet.
                    I've started seeing a few roles being advertised as outside for what are clearly private sector companies.

I suspect it's because the agent posting the job has no clue what they are doing though...

Comment

Working...
                    X