• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange Call from recruiter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Call from recruiter

I went for a role a few weeks ago. It is in an extremely niche field and the pimp was struggling to fill it. I was the first and only one the client wanted for interview. I went and the next day I got told the next day that I was unsuccessful and they requested to interview others. I was shocked but accepted it. I did say that I felt I hadn't been given the opportunity to talk about my technical abilities and left it there.

Today, I got a call from the recruiter who sits on site with the client. He asked me how the pimp had done. Asked me if they had provided all the information. I then reiterated the pimp was fine, the information was fine however the interview wasn't great. He said they were assessing the feedback and said he might be able to arrange another face to face interview with the client again to address any issues. I don't think anything will come of it and I won't hear from them again.

Curious to see if this has happened to any other contractors?

So the second call was just for the client to gather feedback on the agent? That's kinda new but you're right, nothing will come of it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nope, but what goes on behind the scenes is often not what you think or is reported.

Already we know CVs go into the bin, pimps lie about rate all the time and will throw you under a bus at any opportunity. For all you know they liked you and the pimp said he wants +£x (trying it on), they said no, he fed back to you that you weren't successful.

There's one company in my city that won't re-hire me again because the recruiter has said something to them which burned me - when I left, they liked my work and offered an extension which I had to turn down at the time.

Applying again they always ignored/rejected me, eventually I got the response that they don't want to work with me anymore, despite the fact I'm friends with about 4 other contractors there who would all vouch for me.

I don't know what the recruiter said, but it ****ed up my relationship with the company.

If you need the job then go and investigate, see if you can figure out the truth cos I reckon there's more to it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        So the second call was just for the client to gather feedback on the agent? That's kinda new but you're right, nothing will come of it.
        I think he works for the agency but sits on site with the client. Maybe as a first point of contact.

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
          Nope, but what goes on behind the scenes is often not what you think or is reported.
          I am sorry to hear about what happened. Pimps can be awful however it isnt unheard of. I had one pimp threaten me that his agency would never speak to me again if I didn't accept his role. Lies! As soon as they can sell you, they will forgive you.

As regards to my current situation, the other thing he told me was my niche field was very much in demand at the client and there is more roles coming. I don't desperately need the role as I am currently working.

Comment

< tin hat on >
            With with all the talks about our online footprint social media profile and data, would anyone be tempted to think they might have additional sources of information on us? Maybe buy reports from 3rd party / common databases for multiple agencies to share?
            I remember with the EU Citizens Setteled Status, they mentioned about a database to be able to check... bot for that specific purpose only.

Comment

Client probably thought you were a complete tool, but no better candidates - so given a 2nd chance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I got a job spec email to me today. The role was "Homebased but travel to Germany 3-4 times a week"

Do they even read what they copy and paste?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  I got a job spec email to me today. The role was "Homebased but travel to Germany 3-4 times a week"

Airline Pilot? I quite often get ones for Receptionists which is just weird...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I got that one too! I wouldn't consider a job home based if I had to go into London 4 times a week!
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                    X