• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 month rule, 1 week overlap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 month rule, 1 week overlap

My current contract looks to be running past the 24 months by roughly 10 days. Should I contact the agency to change it or is there any leeway on this?

Rulez is Rulez. 1 day, 10 days. Doesn't matter its over.

Is it really worth cutting your gig short by 10 days just because of expenses?

Get your accountant to run the numbers to see which option is more efficient.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Rulez is Rulez. 1 day, 10 days. Doesn't matter its over.

Is it really worth cutting your gig short by 10 days just because of expenses?

Get your accountant to run the numbers to see which option is more efficient.

No being able to claim expenses for the duration of the contract seems to be more expensive... Also these 10 days have any meaning on paper only, I could in theory ask to cut them and them I may get extended again and I will not claim the expenses past that point.

Comment

It's from the time you know your contract will last more than 24 months, not the whole duration of the contract.

If you found out in month 23 that you were getting a six week extension then just those six weeks lose expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          It's from the time you know your contract will last more than 24 months, not the whole duration of the contract.

If you found out in month 23 that you were getting a six week extension then just those six weeks lose expenses.
          Ermm, no. Your "permanent" workplace is determined from the point you know you go over 24 months, but it is therefore your permanent workplace from that point for the total duration of that contract period.

Read the sticky, post #1
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Ermm, no. Your "permanent" workplace is determined from the point you know you go over 24 months, but it is therefore your permanent workplace from that point for the total duration of that contract period.

Read the sticky, post #1
            Whoops! Quite right. I shouldn't post before coffee.

Comment

Working...
            X