24 month rule, 1 week overlap 24 month rule, 1 week overlap
Posts 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    100

    Default 24 month rule, 1 week overlap

    My current contract looks to be running past the 24 months by roughly 10 days. Should I contact the agency to change it or is there any leeway on this?

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,705

    Default

    Rulez is Rulez. 1 day, 10 days. Doesn't matter its over.

    Is it really worth cutting your gig short by 10 days just because of expenses?

    Get your accountant to run the numbers to see which option is more efficient.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #3

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Rulez is Rulez. 1 day, 10 days. Doesn't matter its over.

    Is it really worth cutting your gig short by 10 days just because of expenses?

    Get your accountant to run the numbers to see which option is more efficient.

    No being able to claim expenses for the duration of the contract seems to be more expensive... Also these 10 days have any meaning on paper only, I could in theory ask to cut them and them I may get extended again and I will not claim the expenses past that point.

  4. #4

    Super poster

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    It's from the time you know your contract will last more than 24 months, not the whole duration of the contract.

    If you found out in month 23 that you were getting a six week extension then just those six weeks lose expenses.

  5. #5

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's from the time you know your contract will last more than 24 months, not the whole duration of the contract.

    If you found out in month 23 that you were getting a six week extension then just those six weeks lose expenses.
    Ermm, no. Your "permanent" workplace is determined from the point you know you go over 24 months, but it is therefore your permanent workplace from that point for the total duration of that contract period.

    Read the sticky, post #1
    Blog? What blog...?

  6. #6

    Super poster

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Ermm, no. Your "permanent" workplace is determined from the point you know you go over 24 months, but it is therefore your permanent workplace from that point for the total duration of that contract period.

    Read the sticky, post #1
    Whoops! Quite right. I shouldn't post before coffee.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •