Contracts for engaging helpers /substitutes Contracts for engaging helpers /substitutes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17

Nervous Newbie

Default Contracts for engaging helpers /substitutes

Hi there,

Can anybody point me in the direction of sample contracts that can be used for engaging:-
    1) helpers
    2) substitutes?

Thank you

My post count is Majestic

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Also similar ones on the IPSE webste.

Don't forget, substitutes are operating fully under your original contract, not a new one. All you need is a written agreement they will abide by all the terms of that contract and their rate.
    Blog? What blog...?

Still gathering requirements...

Were you actually after contracts that your own limited company could use to engage a substitute?

If you were - that's what I'm looking for as well. Considering approaching a contract lawyer to get some but if there are any templates that would be useful.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by jarjarbinks View Post
    Hi there,

Can anybody point me in the direction of sample contracts that can be used for engaging:-
    1) helpers
    2) substitutes?

Thank you
    employees or contractors?
    See You Next Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by rectifier View Post
    Were you actually after contracts that your own limited company could use to engage a substitute?

If you were - that's what I'm looking for as well. Considering approaching a contract lawyer to get some but if there are any templates that would be useful.
    (cough) second post (cough)

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    (cough) second post (cough)
    Those QDOS contracts are showing me what to look for in a contract I sign with an agency: that's not what I'm after.

As part of my box of evidence that I am outside IR35, I want to have a B2B legal agreement/contract with a few friends of mine who are also ltd company contractors with similar skills, agreeing that they would be my substitute if asked. This is about assuring my client that I can genuinely provide a substitute per the clauses that are already in my contract with them. It's belt and braces: I think they are likely to assess me outside anyway, but it can't harm.

It seemed to me that the OP might also have been asking that, but I may be mistaken.

Those QDOS contracts are showing me what to look for in a contract I sign with an agency: that's not what I'm after.

As part of my box of evidence that I am outside IR35, I want to have a B2B legal agreement/contract with a few friends of mine who are also ltd company contractors with similar skills, agreeing that they would be my substitute if asked. This is about assuring my client that I can genuinely provide a substitute per the clauses that are already in my contract with them. It's belt and braces: I think they are likely to assess me outside anyway, but it can't harm.

It seemed to me that the OP might also have been asking that, but I may be mistaken.
    Complete waste of time. That is why there are no templates for it.

More time posting than coding

Will you be getting your client to agree (in writing) that they will accept your friends as substitutes?

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Complete waste of time. That is why there are no templates for it.
    How is it a waste of time if my client requests it and they have said they will take it into account?

Might be a waste of time for you and your client.