• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tier 2 general

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tier 2 general

Just met a guy who is currently in Tier 2 general visa. He said he had been sponsored by some guy whom he paid 3000£ for a visa and if he gets a contract it will be 80-20 cut.

Can’t believe at this time still guys coming and taking a big risk. He is very sure that he is outside ir35. Iam sure whoever sponsored him is absolutely greedy and this has to stop.

What has to stop? The greedy guy or the Visa abuse?

Dob your giy in to the visa people. It'll stop fairly quickly.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 22 October 2019, 01:58.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by secontrator View Post
      Just met a guy who is currently in Tier 2 general visa. He said he had been sponsored by some guy whom he paid 3000£ for a visa and if he gets a contract it will be 80-20 cut.

Can’t believe at this time still guys coming and taking a big risk. He is very sure that he is outside ir35. Iam sure whoever sponsored him is absolutely greedy and this has to stop.
      Happens a lot more than you think and it's killing both the contractor and perm market.

Comment

I thought it’s the new normal

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

The government knows full well this is going on. They pretend they care and meanwhile do the square root of zero in actual enforcement. IMHO of course.

Comment

I thought that's how the majority of the T2 visas are issued. If it's not "a guy" it's a large SI with "deductions" in the contract.

Get used to it.

Comment

One of the outcomes of Brexit is to control immigration. Not in the sense of reducing it but provide a framework for companies to have easier access to resources around the globe. Currently made a bit difficult by EU approach.
              Companies are already addicted to “manageable employees”.
              See how H1B visas are used in US.
              This is the world we live in.

Get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                One of the outcomes of Brexit is to control immigration. Not in the sense of reducing it but provide a framework for companies to have easier access to resources around the globe. Currently made a bit difficult by EU approach.
                Companies are already addicted to “manageable employees”.
                This is the world we live in.

Get used to it.
                Indeed, all the Indian chaps at my last contract will all be applying for a visa after Brexit - they can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                  What, like this? Tech CEO thrown in the clink for seven years for H-1B gang-master role: Crim farmed out foreign staff as cheap labor • The Register
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You could search on youtube for: Are Facebook employees depressed? (H1B visa & abuse) - TechLead

Not sure if it is true but could be very tempted to think so: some of the consultancies see they cannot retain people, they are addicted to high profit margins so do not want to pay decent salaries. So they have changed their business model, bring people that can be managed, than for the ones a bit more flexible persuade them to do a part time master degree, some form o chartership (not much added value to them in some cases, but you have to reimburse part of the cost if you leave, which of course you cannot afford if on low pay).
                    Housing market works in some ways in their favour as well, it might be only a rushed assumption but would be tempted to think even the gov has some interest in this.
                    Some forms of control should be acceptable in society and i do not mind myself but my personal feeling is that everything is taking a different dimension.
                    Or maybe it’s just my tin foil hat... who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X