• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Extend - Rate Review?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Extend - Rate Review?

Just a quick Qs

Before starting my own Consulting Company, I picked up a on-demand zero hour contract with a Company with half of my rate. The reasons I pick it up - to provide basic bread & butter, remote work, I choose to work or not to. Now the contract is coming to an end, and the Client wants to renew it until next May 2020.

Pros : I get really hands-on experience tested and keep it alive. See Customer issues hot from the oven, get wider perspectives around similar Client base, very flexible, I can fit around anything, remote working

Cons : Rate is half of what I charge usually, I want to do a rate review

I have learnt - you have to ask it if you want to get it principle. However looking for some ideas / tips / feedback. Thanks in advance.

An agency is involved in the picture. The work is usually 10-15 hours / week, so I can possibly fit the work around, I don't see that a problem. FYI

Ask for double your current rate

Job done

Any other questions we can help you with ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Come to work in ragged clothes, holding a begging bowl.
      Ask for rate rise.
      Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Tell them they've had their trial period and to pay up now if they want your services.

Just discuss it with them and tell them your rate is increasing.

Comment

Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
          Just a quick Qs

Before starting my own Consulting Company, I picked up a on-demand zero hour contract with a Company with half of my rate. The reasons I pick it up - to provide basic bread & butter, remote work, I choose to work or not to. Now the contract is coming to an end, and the Client wants to renew it until next May 2020.

Pros : I get really hands-on experience tested and keep it alive. See Customer issues hot from the oven, get wider perspectives around similar Client base, very flexible, I can fit around anything, remote working

Cons : Rate is half of what I charge usually, I want to do a rate review

I have learnt - you have to ask it if you want to get it principle. However looking for some ideas / tips / feedback. Thanks in advance.

An agency is involved in the picture. The work is usually 10-15 hours / week, so I can possibly fit the work around, I don't see that a problem. FYI
          Have you got any customers who pay your “full rate”?

If you have then why are you asking? Surely you wouldn’t offer discounted rates at half price.

If you don’t then you don’t have a “full rate”. You have what they are paying.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

can you tie shoelaces yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              can you tie shoelaces yet?
              It would appear not.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X