• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet another agent that doesn’t understand IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another agent that doesn’t understand IR35?

Anyone see this before from an agent?

“The role has been deemed off of payroll worker legislation which essentially means the IR35 determination comes down to you and your own Ltd Company.”

It’s for a SC cleared, so presumably public sector gig.

I think the agent is talking bollocks. Isn’t the whole point of IR35 reform that the engaged owns the risk/judgement?
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Outside IR35 public Sector gigs do exist.

So you may need to ask more questions of the agent before determining his knowledge or lack thereof. Is your question whether a Public Sector gig Can be outside or, if the Public Sector will leave the determination to you? If the former, then they exist. If the latter, the determination is made on the client side.

IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
      Anyone see this before from an agent?

“The role has been deemed off of payroll worker legislation which essentially means the IR35 determination comes down to you and your own Ltd Company.”

It’s for a SC cleared, so presumably public sector gig.

I think the agent is talking bollocks. Isn’t the whole point of IR35 reform that the engaged owns the risk/judgement?
      I think you are talking bollocks (no offence).

If the determination is up to you (and your LTD.) then it is NOT public sector.

If the gig sounds good then apply and treat it with the normal due dilligence you'd do for any gig. What they are saying is they'll pay you your full daily rate, plus VAT, rather than out you through the payroll.
      Last edited by Lance; 23 October 2019, 08:54.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The wording is odd, but playing devil's advocate, there are still private sector SC cleared jobs and if the client has low turnover it might not be affected by the changes next year.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          The wording is odd, but playing devil's advocate, there are still private sector SC cleared jobs and if the client has low turnover it might not be affected by the changes next year.
          I guess that the public sector is involved somewhere, just indirectly.

Could be a consultancy or other supplier to the public sector.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            I think you are talking bollocks (no offence).

If the determination is up to you (and your LTD.) then it is NOT public sector.
            Ah didn't think of that, could be a vendor selling in to a public sector org I guess.
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
              Outside IR35 public Sector gigs do exist.

So you may need to ask more questions of the agent before determining his knowledge or lack thereof. Is your question whether a Public Sector gig Can be outside or, if the Public Sector will leave the determination to you? If the former, then they exist. If the latter, the determination is made on the client side.

IMO.
              I'm on such a contract with a University , I work 4 days from home on a Project specific contract

Comment

Not all public sector sc are inside. Year at boe outside

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                  Not all public sector sc are inside. Year at boe outside
                  Yes I appeciate that. I have a mate who was onsite at HMRC and was deemed outside IR35. It’s more the self determination of IR35 status.

Comment

Working...
                  X