• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC clearance - Previous/current Employment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC clearance - Previous/current Employment

I'm required to get SC clearance as part of my role/project i'm contracted for. I've managed to fill in most of the rest of the information but this section has kinda got me a bit stumped.

So my current employment would be my limited company and technically as i been with my limited company for nearly 6 yrs that would be the end of my history ?

Do I need to enter details of my actual clients i have been working for? and if so, do i select them as self employed and then enter the details? Its rather confusing!

Why would you list everyone you've provided services to? Thinking you have to put that down under your employment is a bit permie thinking is it not? They were your clients. You have not been working for them, you've been providing services to them.

You could ask your perspective clients security team for guidance if you are unsure.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They will be expecting you to list the agency contacts so that they can verify your work locations.

Comment

Originally posted by asingh View Post

Do I need to enter details of my actual clients i have been working for? and if so, do i select them as self employed and then enter the details? Its rather confusing!
        I did. And yesy selected as self-employed.
        It's damn confusing though. I spoke to the vetting people at the client. They knew what to do.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          I did. And yesy selected as self-employed.
          It's damn confusing though. I spoke to the vetting people at the client. They knew what to do.
          Wait till they put you in a round room and tell you to sit in a corner. Then you'll be stuffed
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Wait till they put you in a round room and tell you to sit in a corner. Then you'll be stuffed
            They did. I was.
            All cool though, I like that kind of thing.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Give them a ring and ask....
              01904 662 644

I'm always surprised that giving the UKSV bods a call isn't the first option when you have a question. They're nice people and don't mind giving a bit of advice about applications etc.

Comment

Working...
              X