• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency wants an exit interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency wants an exit interview

Anyone had this before?

Agency (not the client) wants an exit interview.

I'm not keen on the idea as the agency blurs the contractor / employee line in quite a few areas - one of the reasons I'm leaving the contract early.

The agency does both perm and contract resourcing for the client and I think they use a one size fits all approach.

I would never agree to an "exit interview", however, I would send them a thanks from YourCo. in YourCo.'s name.

You haven't exited, but YourCo. has completed it's assignment.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

How utterly pointless. I wouldn't do it. They can't force you or withhold payment because of it.

Comment

An exit interview, definitely no, but I see no issue in your PSC providing feedback on the engagement to the client, if they request that.

Comment

Say you would be happy to attend a supplier review meeting but you charge £200

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            An exit interview, definitely no, but I see no issue in your PSC providing feedback on the engagement to the client, if they request that.
            At your normal rate.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Say you would be happy to attend a supplier review meeting but you charge £200
              Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
              At your normal rate.
              +1

Or you'll prepare it on your last billable day.

Comment

Only if you had a very good relationship with the agency agree to do it over the phone, don't travel for it
                In all other cases see the above answers.

Comment

I wouldn't do it

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
                    Anyone had this before?

Agency (not the client) wants an exit interview.

I'm not keen on the idea as the agency blurs the contractor / employee line in quite a few areas - one of the reasons I'm leaving the contract early.

The agency does both perm and contract resourcing for the client and I think they use a one size fits all approach.
                    I don't think it blurs the line at all. It's how you are treated by the client that determines your status so anything like this with the agent is irrelevant. Even if it was, a supplier exit review isn't unheard of and if worded properly may actually add to your defense not the other way around.

Would I do it? If they are willing to come on site, buy me a coffee and chat for a little bit then maybe. I lose a bit of time I'm already getting paid for at worst. Depending on your situation and if you ever want to go back getting face to face and chatty with the agent isn't the worst thing you could do.

Do what you think is right for your situation. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face if takes none of your time up at all. If it does require some effort or expense from you then definitely not but see what the details are first.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X