Silly agent games Silly agent games - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 34 of 34

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by hairymouse View Post
    Update:

Just had a telephone interview with the client! Agent A actually came through and had sent my CV over, Agent B was full of it. In this circumstance, the simplest and most ethical approach of telling the second agent to sling his hook was also the best thing to do.
    Well done. You've found the exception that proves the rule. You probably won't be so lucky next time.

Should post faster

And the final result was that I didn't get the gig. The agent said it was cause the client hired his college buddy.

Should post faster

And the final result was that I didn't get the gig. The agent said it was cause the client hired his college buddy.
    Sounds typical. During the recession I had an interview with a mate, I was a shoe in for it and he knew my skills because we went to uni together / lived in shared house amongst others. All the way to the end, approved and put forward as the best candidate, then his boss hired a black guy that my mate initially rejected as too weak. For diversity reasons.

Sometimes you can do everything right and still not succeed.

Super poster

Sorry about that, it just came up at the right time