• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silly agent games

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    Update:

Just had a telephone interview with the client! Agent A actually came through and had sent my CV over, Agent B was full of it. In this circumstance, the simplest and most ethical approach of telling the second agent to sling his hook was also the best thing to do.
    Well done. You've found the exception that proves the rule. You probably won't be so lucky next time.

Comment

And the final result was that I didn't get the gig. The agent said it was cause the client hired his college buddy.

Comment

And the final result was that I didn't get the gig. The agent said it was cause the client hired his college buddy.
        Sounds typical. During the recession I had an interview with a mate, I was a shoe in for it and he knew my skills because we went to uni together / lived in shared house amongst others. All the way to the end, approved and put forward as the best candidate, then his boss hired a black guy that my mate initially rejected as too weak. For diversity reasons.

Sometimes you can do everything right and still not succeed.

Comment

Sorry about that, it just came up at the right time

Comment

Working...
          X