• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside Ir35 and pensions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Contractor umbrella and Clarity Umbrella.
    Many thanks.

Comment

Any idea, why this is not offered by all (or at least vast majority of brollies)?
      "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Because they can't be botherered I expect. Just do the minimum to maximise profits.
        Good pension is a perk for permies and umbrellas don't tend to be in it for offering perks to their employees.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Because they can't be botherered I expect. Just do the minimum to maximise profits.
          Good pension is a perk for permies and umbrellas don't tend to be in it for offering perks to their employees.
          I also suspect that the vast majority of contractors about to enter the inside ir35 world have absolutely no idea this can actually be done. Like I said, the contractors at my place didn't know what I was talking about and was not mentioned as an option by the agents.

I also suspect the likes of Mansion House will try and put the blockers on it.

Comment

Still don't get it exactly how unlimited pension contributions (within the limits of the law) can represent any extra work or minimise a brollie profits.

Comment

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post
              I also suspect that the vast majority of contractors about to enter the inside ir35 world have absolutely no idea this can actually be done. Like I said, the contractors at my place didn't know what I was talking about and was not mentioned as an option by the agents.

I also suspect the likes of Mansion House will try and put the blockers on it.
              I think unlimited pension contributions when inside IR35 is the only tax saving available so people should be made aware of it. It can be a great option for people looking to retire early or close to retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                I think unlimited pension contributions when inside IR35 is the only tax saving available so people should be made aware of it. It can be a great option for people looking to retire early or close to retirement.
                Indeed. I went for a short gig inside so the unlimited pension option beat all the other offerings hands down. In the end it was actually so short I never signed up lol.

I can only imagine handling contractors ringing to change their pension contribs constantly is an overhead they don't want. Their systems might not be handle it well and some of the big guys must be making peanuts per contractor once agent kick backs are paid. Just guessing really.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do you know if these allow payments to your own provider or do you have to go with their own?

Comment

please someone tell if I'm wrong.....
                    but doesn't this apply to umbrellas?

Workplace pensions - what your employer can and can't do - GOV.UK
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X