• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oxford global resources -heard of them ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oxford global resources -heard of them ?

Hi,
    Contacted by these guys from ireland -anyone dealt with them?

never come across them.

Thanks

Al.

Yep a guy called Connor contacted me in Nov 18. Sent him my CV and never heard anything back

Comment

Used to be Oxford International? I worked through them once for 5 months 4 years ago. Been around a long time.

Comment

I was asked for 2 references before being put forward for a role so have ignored all contact since then.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          Used to be Oxford International? I worked through them once for 5 months 4 years ago. Been around a long time.

Yes, used to be OI. Have spoken to them many times over the last couple of decades but never worked through them.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Have been living and contracting in Ireland for 5 years. Never heard of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Poker space View Post
              I was asked for 2 references before being put forward for a role so have ignored all contact since then.
              Playing devil's advocate, and not in any way suggesting we henceforth all hand out all our references with gay abandon, but it IS the direct result of all these introductions that, further down the line, then lead to contracts being made available to us.

Anyway, nothing new here. A mild moment considering the phrase, 'cutting off noses to etc...'

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                Playing devil's advocate, and not in any way suggesting we henceforth all hand out all our references with gay abandon, but it IS the direct result of all these introductions that, further down the line, then lead to contracts being made available to us.

Anyway, nothing new here. A mild moment considering the phrase, 'cutting off noses to etc...'
                You're saying that handing out names of clients you've previously worked will lead to opportunities that otherwise would not be available?

How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  You're saying that handing out names of clients you've previously worked will lead to opportunities that otherwise would not be available?

How does that work?
                  Well, without trying to unpick every-last-thought I have, I was just saying that however people are introduced to each other, it is people's endeavours to up their contacts list, and to keep in touch that lead to the opportunities.

The end result being what is advertised on the job boards.

Just because you / I worked through one agent and one manager, doesn't mean that the agency would not be changed by the client in the future, or that your particular agent didn't get run over by a bus.

Was just randomly musing. Am not about to advocate any new behaviours, heaven forbid.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post

I’m not precious, I’ll spill the beans to anybody after a contract offer, maybe even after telephone interview but never on first call with an agency who I had no prior contact with.

Comment

Working...
                    X