oxford global resources -heard of them ? oxford global resources -heard of them ?
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Still gathering requirements...

Default oxford global resources -heard of them ?

Hi,
    Contacted by these guys from ireland -anyone dealt with them?

never come across them.

Thanks

Al.

Super poster

Yep a guy called Connor contacted me in Nov 18. Sent him my CV and never heard anything back

TPDeity

Used to be Oxford International? I worked through them once for 5 months 4 years ago. Been around a long time.

Nervous Newbie

I was asked for 2 references before being put forward for a role so have ignored all contact since then.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by DS23 View Post
    Used to be Oxford International? I worked through them once for 5 months 4 years ago. Been around a long time.

Yes, used to be OI. Have spoken to them many times over the last couple of decades but never worked through them.
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

I live on CUK

Have been living and contracting in Ireland for 5 years. Never heard of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Poker space View Post
    I was asked for 2 references before being put forward for a role so have ignored all contact since then.
    Playing devil's advocate, and not in any way suggesting we henceforth all hand out all our references with gay abandon, but it IS the direct result of all these introductions that, further down the line, then lead to contracts being made available to us.

Anyway, nothing new here. A mild moment considering the phrase, 'cutting off noses to etc...'

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    Playing devil's advocate, and not in any way suggesting we henceforth all hand out all our references with gay abandon, but it IS the direct result of all these introductions that, further down the line, then lead to contracts being made available to us.

Anyway, nothing new here. A mild moment considering the phrase, 'cutting off noses to etc...'
    You're saying that handing out names of clients you've previously worked will lead to opportunities that otherwise would not be available?

How does that work?

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    You're saying that handing out names of clients you've previously worked will lead to opportunities that otherwise would not be available?

How does that work?
    Well, without trying to unpick every-last-thought I have, I was just saying that however people are introduced to each other, it is people's endeavours to up their contacts list, and to keep in touch that lead to the opportunities.

The end result being what is advertised on the job boards.

Just because you / I worked through one agent and one manager, doesn't mean that the agency would not be changed by the client in the future, or that your particular agent didn't get run over by a bus.

Was just randomly musing. Am not about to advocate any new behaviours, heaven forbid.

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post

I’m not precious, I’ll spill the beans to anybody after a contract offer, maybe even after telephone interview but never on first call with an agency who I had no prior contact with.