• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Move out of UK to Europe and set up a company there.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move out of UK to Europe and set up a company there.

I am exploring options. Already have one to sell the company.

I am not ready to become permanent so other option is to setup LTD in another EU state and work there. In my field I can get a lot of projects in at least 2 EU + swiss.

The question is can I use my UK LTD's funds to finance the opening of the EU LTD? I know I can in general, but what if I decide to finance the EU LTD with all I have in my UK LTD?
    It is not so much about saving on tax since all corp tax would've been paid for the past years. It rally is about moving the funds out of UK LTD and start working in EU.
    Is it going to be easy - no, but I am really pissed of with HMRC to stay.
    Last edited by vas; 14 November 2019, 13:47.

What is an EU Ltd?
    Did you speak to an accountant with knowledge of international tax rules, cross border taxation etc?
    or are you just trying to avoid tax in which case you're asking us to give advice how to break the law?

Comment

There’s a lot more things you need to think about before deciding how best to get paid IMO

When you know where you’ll be working then you can address your question.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by vas View Post
        I am exploring options. Already have one to sell the company.

I am not ready to become permanent so other option is to setup LTD in another EU state and work there. In my field I can get a lot of projects in at least 2 EU + swiss.

The question is can I use my UK LTD's funds to finance the opening of the EU LTD? I know I can in general, but what if I decide to finance the EU LTD with all I have in my UK LTD?
        It is not so much about saving on tax since all corp tax would've been paid for the past years. It rally is about moving the funds out of UK LTD and start working in EU.
        Is it going to be easy - no, but I am really pissed of with HMRC to stay.
        Whats your question? Can you move funds from a UK lTD to a EU ltd? Of course you can. No big deal. Two options
        1. The EU lTD can be a subsidiary of the UK LTd and is funded by it initially
        2. You close UK ltd and pay 10% tax using entrepreneur's relief. Then the money is yours to do as you wish.

Just a word of caution though. It will not be that easy to simply move somewhere expecting a job to land a job in weeks.

Comment

Assuming you can do all work remotely, then I'd say you can move wherever, just make sure you pick a country with low taxes, otherwise the whole exercise might leave you worse of than staying in the UK.

A mate of mine did this a few years ago, he moved from the UK to Poland (he's from Poland, so presumably much easier to do), closed his Ltd in the UK (he just paid out all the cash) and works self-employed from Poland, occasionally flying over to the US to do work on site. He is contracting for a UK company, but pays taxes in Poland (flat 19% scheme) as this is where he lives.

Comment

Working...
          X