• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency - Infinity EMEA / Infinity STS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency - Infinity EMEA / Infinity STS

Hi all - I thought I had an account here but couldn't find the login. Anyway, I have been browsing this site for years as a contractor, but does anybody know anything about this agency? I just had a strange offer of a contract through with them and wanted to check something before continuing.

Summary: quick chat about a role, mentioned the end client name, rate etc - heard nothing back, then a telephone call out of the blue from the agenc about starting immediately, no interview required. Only minimal project scope/technologies given and when pressed for further details or a chance to meet with the end client, very dismissive, "not required", etc. It just seemed a bit fishy to me.

Website on email: infinitysts.com
    Registered UK company: Infinity EMEA Ltd

Thanks

Originally posted by alfa145 View Post
    Hi all - I thought I had an account here but couldn't find the login. Anyway, I have been browsing this site for years as a contractor, but does anybody know anything about this agency? I just had a strange offer of a contract through with them and wanted to check something before continuing.

Summary: quick chat about a role, mentioned the end client name, rate etc - heard nothing back, then a telephone call out of the blue from the agenc about starting immediately, no interview required. Only minimal project scope/technologies given and when pressed for further details or a chance to meet with the end client, very dismissive, "not required", etc. It just seemed a bit fishy to me.

Website on email: infinitysts.com
    Registered UK company: Infinity EMEA Ltd

Thanks
    It’s quite simple.

You go nowhere without reviewing and signing a contract first.

And that’s it.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      It’s quite simple.

You go nowhere without reviewing and signing a contract first.

And that’s it.
      Thanks, I'm well aware of that and sunny think the insurances would cover working without a contract, understandably! But would you sign a contract with agency without having spoken to the end client to ascertain technologies, scope and state of the project etc?

I wouldn't, something seems fishy here to me with this situation.

Comment

It depends on the arrangement. If you think about a big consultancy, they will just drop bodies into a client as and when needed, there's no requirement for the person to meet the manglement team really.

Talk to the agency and find out more about the way the contract is being delivered.

Comment

There is no reference to a UK office or UK operations on their website.

And yes it's not unheard of to land a contract without an interview/discussion but would expect that there was some previous work with the agency/client.
          In fact once I was offered a job by the recruiter without an interview. Alarm bells didn't ring because I did a previous contract through them for same client. I didn't get it in the end , and they did interview me.

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by alfa145 View Post
            Thanks, I'm well aware of that and sunny think the insurances would cover working without a contract, understandably! But would you sign a contract with agency without having spoken to the end client to ascertain technologies, scope and state of the project etc?

I wouldn't, something seems fishy here to me with this situation.
            Well, it could suggest a Death March project, but if you've been benched for a while it might be any port in a storm.

Apart from checking the agency to see if they're legit and capable of paying on time, you can't really tell until you got there.

(I've done this occasionally without incident.)
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Also ask for weekly 7 day payment terms in the contract if you're concerned about their ability to pay. Then the amount at risk is minimised.

Comment

Thanks for posting this as I had a call from them a few days back about a role, a few details given, then the guy called back this afternoon to get my availability for an interview. He pushed hard for early next week although I have something on Monday (definite) and another verbally agreed for Tuesday.

I asked for a job spec and he got really irritable, said that his client 'didn't do glossy job specs'. So I said that I wasn't asking for a 'glossy job spec', just a page on Word, ta. Don't fancy going for it now as they sound even more like a bunch of cowboys than they did after the phone call. Apparently I'm meant to go into an interview with no information whatsoever except a brief phone call. What rubbish.

Comment

Well you may as well turn up at the company and sort it out when you get there. This would be no different than turning up for an interview.

If you have no alternative contract you're not going to lose anything.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Don't fancy going for it now as they sound even more like a bunch of cowboys.
                    If they act like this now, I would be very worried about whether they pay invoices on time. Their last submitted micro accounts certainly don't add any confidence.

Comment

Working...
                    X