• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NPPV 2T Clearance - Out of country for 10 months in last 18 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPPV 2T Clearance - Out of country for 10 months in last 18 months

Hi

I got a NPPV L2 clearnce vetting coming up with my local police dept.

I'm a Indian passport holder and i was out of the country around 10 months in the last 18 months..Back in UK from July 2019 and working currenlty.

Does this affect my Vetting ??

Any information would be helpful - thanks in advance.

Thanks
    T

Originally posted by CKTNU View Post
    Hi

I got a NPPV L2 clearnce vetting coming up with my local police dept.

I'm a Indian passport holder and i was out of the country around 10 months in the last 18 months..Back in UK from July 2019 and working currenlty.

Does this affect my Vetting ??

Any information would be helpful - thanks in advance.

Thanks
    T

If you read the rules around vetting, no that shouldn't be a problem. Fill out the form honestly then sit back and wait - nothing else you can do.
    It's worth noting that in the UK we don't call them "Police department" but "Police force"
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      If you read the rules around vetting, no that shouldn't be a problem. Fill out the form honestly then sit back and wait - nothing else you can do.
      It's worth noting that in the UK we don't call them "Police department" but "Police force"
      Erm, no, they are the Police Service these days...

But otherwise, exactly right.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Thanks a lot mate...
        As you said Wait n See..
        Cheers

Comment

If Warwickshire Police are conducting your vetting, here are their SLA's

Warwickshire Police - Customer service

They do not abide by their SLA's.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            If Warwickshire Police are conducting your vetting, here are their SLA's

Warwickshire Police - Customer service

They do not abide by their SLA's.

Thanks mate for that link....

For me it's a different force...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by CKTNU View Post
              Thanks mate for that link....

For me it's a different force...

Cheers
              Warwickshire do all police vetting...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Warwickshire do all police vetting...
                It's been a few years since I held an NPPV, but back then there were quite a few forces that didn't abide by the agreement that a Warwickshire issued NPPV would be acepted by all other forces; they would insist on doing their own NPPV vetting.

Can't remember which forces but the Met was definately one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
                  It's been a few years since I held an NPPV, but back then there were quite a few forces that didn't abide by the agreement that a Warwickshire issued NPPV would be acepted by all other forces; they would insist on doing their own NPPV vetting.

Can't remember which forces but the Met was definately one of them.
                  Warwickshire can do all forces, other than The Met, who do their own. Other forces can also do their own if they choose (if they need to speed up the process), since I have had experience of this, too.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                  X