Changing agencies at the end of contract with the same client different department Changing agencies at the end of contract with the same client different department
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Changing agencies at the end of contract with the same client different department

    Hi all,

    Anybody has experienced with the above? My contract ends soon and there's an opportunity elsewhere with the same client though they require to go with another agency. The latter is also outside IR35 so quite keen to move over as otherwise I'm forced to go umbrella if I stay put. Not that this is the main reason in terms of how happy my current agency will be. Do I need to even tell them?

    Cheers.

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    Hi all,

    Anybody has experienced with the above? My contract ends soon and there's an opportunity elsewhere with the same client though they require to go with another agency. The latter is also outside IR35 so quite keen to move over as otherwise I'm forced to go umbrella if I stay put. Not that this is the main reason in terms of how happy my current agency will be. Do I need to even tell them?

    Cheers.
    What does your contract say ?

  3. #3

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    Hi all,

    Anybody has experienced with the above? My contract ends soon and there's an opportunity elsewhere with the same client though they require to go with another agency. The latter is also outside IR35 so quite keen to move over as otherwise I'm forced to go umbrella if I stay put. Not that this is the main reason in terms of how happy my current agency will be. Do I need to even tell them?

    Cheers.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  4. #4

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    105,576

    Default

    What issue(s) does the client have with your current agency?

    There is likely a clause in your contract saying you are tied in for 6/12 months after end of contract. I went permie earlier this year and the client paid off the agency.

    You are probably looking at a whole heap of trouble.....

  5. #5

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
    What does your contract say ?
    It says that for 6 months after the end of the contract, the limited company shall not engage with the client in a similar contract of service without the employment agency prior agreement.

    I don't want to get into too many details, but it's definitely a different role in a different department with technical knowledge that is not relevant in my current role.

  6. #6

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What issue(s) does the client have with your current agency?

    There is likely a clause in your contract saying you are tied in for 6/12 months after end of contract. I went permie earlier this year and the client paid off the agency.

    You are probably looking at a whole heap of trouble.....
    No issue. My current agency are fine. The other department has entered an exclusivity deal with a different agency.

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    41,020

    Default

    Why do you think it will be an issue?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  8. #8

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    No issue. My current agency are fine. The other department has entered an exclusivity deal with a different agency.
    So, your current agency cannot offer that service is what you're saying. No problem them. If Shop A does not and cannot stock a product, Shop B it is.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  9. #9

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    No issue. My current agency are fine. The other department has entered an exclusivity deal with a different agency.
    If current agency is fine and ClientCo is fine, then you are fine.

  10. #10

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    If current agency is fine and ClientCo is fine, then you are fine.
    They are fine meaning they are ok as an agency. I haven't spoken to them about this yet as I'm not sure if I have to based on what they say in the contract - if it's not a similar service to the end client and they can't provide it and it's the exclusivity of another agency.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •