• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working for a consultancy for a client project of theres (and rate shenanigans)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are all spot on..

I haven't yet heard back from them, and I think that perhaps the rate shenanigans might have only been a proposal from recruiter (not sure it came from hiring manager). So we shall see.

I'm going to hold powder and see what comes back and decide then.

Market is kind of good at the moment, so i'm not really sweating just yet.

In thinking more about this engagement, looks like they don't have much experience with contractors. So in reality, the contract could actually be the ultimate deal break.

They'll probably take a permie contract and i'll have to have vast swathes of it re-written, which they probably won't want. Any let's cross that bridge if it comes.

Thanks folks.

Comment

Good luck, keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Good luck, keep us posted!
        Will do, tomorrow should tell a lot. I imagine they wanted to leave be "stew over the weekend" lol.

Comment

Originally posted by password View Post
          Market is kind of good at the moment, so i'm not really sweating just yet.
          Sorry, we all seem to have just glossed over this bit...

Really? Can I ask what niche you must be in to flagrantly defy all others' comments. (Minor humour)

Of course, very happy for you. Hope it all works through. Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post

Really? Can I ask what niche you must be in to flagrantly defy all others' comments. (Minor humour)

Probably offtopic but for developers and Solution Architects the Dynamics 365 / Power Apps market is booming.

Were it not for the ISV plans I have finding a job would be very easy.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post

I'm a developer and it seems there are still some roles on offer. I hadn't noticed, but a friend mentioned to me that he has noticed a down tick.

That said, I think he seeks a higher rate than I.

Comment

Soo.. the consultancy was stringing me along all week and they have finally let me know that the "client has pulled the role".

That is regardless of the fact that I saw the consultancy had re-advertised the role on Monday.

Well they obviously got somebody else for a bit cheaper.

Let's put the market to the test now

Comment

Originally posted by password View Post
                  Soo.. the consultancy was stringing me along all week and they have finally let me know that the "client has pulled the role".

That is regardless of the fact that I saw the consultancy had re-advertised the role on Monday.

Well they obviously got somebody else better

Let's put the market to the test now
                  FTFY.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Probably offtopic but for developers and Solution Architects the Dynamics 365 / Power Apps market is booming.

Were it not for the ISV plans I have finding a job would be very easy.
                    Really? I see roles come up every once in a while, but that's probably just because I do a search for anything with "SQL" . The developer roles seem to be around £400 and up. Is that right?

More importantly, is it hard to learn?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      FTFY.
                      Haha yea perhaps. But it was weird. I had previously applied there and they were really happy with my tech. This time around they didn't even ask much tech stuff, the interview was more of a "chemistry type" thing with the partner..

That's why I am inclined to think it was a rate thing. Usually I would assume they got somebody they thought better skilled, but this time I have little reason to think that.. oh well

I am not ignorant to the fact there will always be people better than I.

Comment

Working...
                      X