Johnny Walker Johnny Walker
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Johnny Walker

  1. #1

    Default Johnny Walker

    Not the drink, nor the radio DJ, but a fella who reckons he can train people in ways to get found by outfits who have high-paying roles (contract and perm). Anyone had a go at this?
    He has a lot of recommendations on Linkedin, but most of them seem to be saying how great the training is, not that they actually secured a role.

  2. #2

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Not the drink, nor the radio DJ, but a fella who reckons he can train people in ways to get found by outfits who have high-paying roles (contract and perm). Anyone had a go at this?
    He has a lot of recommendations on Linkedin, but most of them seem to be saying how great the training is, not that they actually secured a role.
    Send me 50 quid and I'll tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  3. #3

    Contractor Among Contractors

    PerfectStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Yes, I have asked my accountant.
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Sound like some of the outfits offering 'free webinars' that IPSE seem so fond of

  4. #4

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Send me 50 quid and I'll tell you.
    Only if you promise to return 90% via a Dutch Antilles company.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

  5. #5

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Only if you promise to return 90% via a Dutch Antilles company.
    120%, once VAT is accounted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  6. #6

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    What kind of training can help with someone else finding you?!?

  7. #7

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    22,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    What kind of training can help with someone else finding you?!?
    Ensuring the appropriate keywords are in your linkedin profile?

    Knowing the correct handshake?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  8. #8

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Ensuring the appropriate keywords are in your linkedin profile?

    Knowing the correct handshake?
    + ticking the right boxes

  9. #9

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    What kind of training can help with someone else finding you?!?
    If you're gullible enough to fall for this "service" you might be easier to sell to a client who will offer you £100/day date with the promise of an increase to £800 after 3 months.

  10. #10

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    What kind of training can help with someone else finding you?!?
    Presumably profile optimisation, the LinkedIn equivalent of SEO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •