• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice period not given by client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetterBox View Post
    If they have terminated the contract then someone on the client side will have to have noted the termination date, your agency should have this comms from the client and the 'effective date'. It should say Thursday I guess if you've done the start of the week. Even with an unsigned timesheet, if you were there on those 3 days then you will have a claim. This logic should work with the agency who also know the rules of the game.
    They'll have an easy out for that:
    "No sign of him all week so we terminated on Thursday. Honest guv."
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      They'll have an easy out for that:
      "No sign of him all week so we terminated on Thursday. Honest guv."
      Yup, there's always that.

Towards the end of contracts, I tend to Bcc my personal email address to offer Proof of Life to the last day. Just in case.

And no, I have never had to test that thinking, much less state that it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post

Towards the end of contracts, I tend to Bcc my personal email address to offer Proof of Life to the last day. Just in case.

And no, I have never had to test that thinking, much less state that it would work.
        I'd be a little wary of that approach. Send client information to your personal email may land in you more hot water. Need to check the IT policy and contracts to see what the score is around company information to personal mails and also the actual nature of information in the mail you send. It's possible but need to be very careful.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post

Towards the end of contracts, I take a selfie at my desk, with me clearly logged in on the clients computer (no sensitive information showing), and holding up that days newspaper front page. Just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            Towards the end of contracts, I take a selfie at my desk, with me clearly logged in on the clients computer (no sensitive information showing), and holding up that days newspaper front page. Just in case.
            Is that with your tinfoil hat on or off?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Perfect. Had to laugh (with you) at this one.

Careful no one thinks you're being held hostage and tries to count remaining fingers in the photo...

Comment

Small paper cut with blood to smear over the desk can also lead to a contractor DNA match, standard practice immediately after an agency 'chat'.

Comment

Working...
                X