• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NPPV 2 - Worried

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPPV 2 - Worried

Hello All,

I've been recently asked to undergo NPPV 2 vetting and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this type of check. I will be a contractor working on police premises and not an actual officer.

Around 4.5 years ago I was interviewed by the Police in relation to a class b drug offence. No arrest involved and no further formal action taken. I dont have a caution or criminal conviction but I had to disclose this information on the form. I was open and honest about it but I'm now worried that it might cause my application to be rejected.

I already hold SC clearance and never had any issues.

Anyone had a similar experience.

Thanks

Being interviewed isn't an issue - compared to not disclosing it at least. They'll obviously determine how much of an issue it was but if your name never made the press then it cannot come back on them.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Not a problem. It doesnt make you a threat when working with sensitive data.

Just get on with it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Perhaps we should create a sticky about Security Clerance issues. Think it would help?

Seriously, as we keep saying, you can't do anything other than apply and see what happens. You can't affect the end result: actually you can, you can guarantee you'll fail if you don't disclose something. For exampls, in your case, I would be amazed if the vetting officer didn't already know all about your past.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Interoma View Post
          Hello All,

I've been recently asked to undergo NPPV 2 vetting and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this type of check. I will be a contractor working on police premises and not an actual officer.

Around 4.5 years ago I was interviewed by the Police in relation to a class b drug offence. No arrest involved and no further formal action taken. I dont have a caution or criminal conviction but I had to disclose this information on the form. I was open and honest about it but I'm now worried that it might cause my application to be rejected.

I already hold SC clearance and never had any issues.

Anyone had a similar experience.

Thanks
          Met Police Vetting guidelines

(This is to give you some idea what some police forces will expect but continue reading below)

Under the NPCC Vetting guidelines, what surprises a lot of people is that it is exactly what it says on the tin; just guidelines and forces can raise or lower the bar to the standards they want (An example is Kent Police who redo clearences even if you have the same level but for different jobs).

Read the link which I have posted above; This is soley for the Met but other police forces tend to push contractors into NPPV3 normally.

I have currently undergone 3 different levels of police clearence and all I can say is be honest and absolute disclosure when asked by vetting if you are not sure just talk to them and let them guide you but don't drag people around the place here on CUK then bolt off.

Have a quiet sit down with your family and ask if anyone who is in your family (this includes uncles & aunts and step family) have been taken to court if so then declare it on the form).

Certain elements of police vetting can be eye-wateringly strict (particularly financial checks which made some of my contractor colleagues formally from MoD very stumped when they got refused).

it's a very niche clearence to undergo but as I say working with police forces is not everyones cup of tea so be prepared for paperwork and alot of waiting for vetting to be done also one last thing; Get the SLAs from the vetting unit who are doing your vetting and if it's warwickshire or the Met then be prepared to wait up to a year for it to be done.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I appreciate the time put in responding.

I've answered honestly and let's see what happens.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Interoma View Post
              Thanks everyone for the feedback. I appreciate the time put in responding.

I've answered honestly and let's see what happens.

Thanks
              Hi I know this is a couple of months old, but did you pass your vetting?

I'm going through the same - but mine is much more stringent than yours (NPPV Level 3).

Comment

Originally posted by FashionHeart View Post
                Hi I know this is a couple of months old, but did you pass your vetting?

I'm going through the same - but mine is much more stringent than yours (NPPV Level 3).
                Hi,

Might be a bit late now but the answer is yes I was granted clearance.

Hope you didn't have any issues.

Comment

Working...
                X