• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM FAO MF (Amazon trading)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM FAO MF (Amazon trading)

Hoy, Fat Boy,

When you set up your Amazon business did you register as a business seller (i.e. a Ltd rather than as an individual) ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Hoy, Fat Boy,

When you set up your Amazon business did you register as a business seller (i.e. a Ltd rather than as an individual) ?
    Hey Chip Boy

I signed up as a Sole Trader and so provided a UTR. You can register as Sole Trader and then trade up to your VAT limit, then swap to Ltd and do another VAT limited again before having to register for VAT.

The forum I'm on tends to recommend Ltd though if you're going to be serious.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Hey Chip Boy

I signed up as a Sole Trader and so provided a UTR. You can register as Sole Trader and then trade up to your VAT limit, then swap to Ltd and do another VAT limited again before having to register for VAT.

The forum I'm on tends to recommend Ltd though if you're going to be serious.
      I made the mistake of using Ltd first.

Having trouble with the bloody verification though cause the Mrs is a director.

Long story short, she was born in Germany (to Scottish parents on a UK army base, so never actually lived in Germany except for 6 weeks after she was born). Her driving licence shows her place of birth as Germany so they want her German proof of ID, despite trying to explain she has none. They just keep asking for her German ID over and over again and have rejected her UK licence and passport as ID. Arseholes !!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        I made the mistake of using Ltd first.

Having trouble with the bloody verification though cause the Mrs is a director.

Long story short, she was born in Germany (to Scottish parents on a UK army base, so never actually lived in Germany except for 6 weeks after she was born). Her driving licence shows her place of birth as Germany so they want her German proof of ID, despite trying to explain she has none. They just keep asking for her German ID over and over again and have rejected her UK licence and passport as ID. Arseholes !!
        Ah right. Amazon is notorious for being a bunch of dickwads. I moderate an Amazon Facebook group and help out with a couple of other groups so if you want to join the Amazon community of like minded money grabbing sellers and resellers PM me. Much better than this bunch of middle aged IT disguised employees.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Ah right. Amazon is notorious for being a bunch of dickwads. I moderate an Amazon Facebook group and help out with a couple of other groups so if you want to join the Amazon community of like minded money grabbing sellers and resellers PM me. Much better than this bunch of middle aged IT disguised employees.

Comment

Ah, you've fulfilled your lifelong dream of being a mod again then

Is that what you meant by 'Fulfilled by Amazon' ??

Comment

Who are you calling middle aged?

Thread moved to serious forum area, as could be useful for others.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Are you guys using Amazon as a storefront for a specific product line or using arbitrage tools to buy and sell anything that will make a profit?

I've seen a lot of info around about the arbitrage side but I'm skeptical as to how well it works given that most of the info seems to come from people wanting to sell you services and software to do it with.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Are you guys using Amazon as a storefront for a specific product line or using arbitrage tools to buy and sell anything that will make a profit?

I've seen a lot of info around about the arbitrage side but I'm skeptical as to how well it works given that most of the info seems to come from people wanting to sell you services and software to do it with.
                  Yes there are a lot of courses, videos, gurus, software tools, methods and facebook groups etc.

It's an interesting area Dave and there are four ways to source product products for Amazon, and primarily three ways to sell them.

RA - Retail Arbitrage is the process of going into a store finding a product on the shelf for X and selling it for Y on Amazon to make a profit. YouTube (This guy is my favourite to watch, sketchy as hell)

OA - Online Arbitrage is the process of finding products to buy online for X to sell on Amazon for Y and make a profit.

WHolesale - Buy from a wholesaler and sell online

PL - Private Label - Make your own product (or White Label) a product and sell it online for more.

Amazon uses three different distribution models

(1) FBM - Fullfilled by Merchant - Basically you send it out and do all the customer support yourself
                  (2) FBM Prime - Fulfilled by Merchant, but as part of the prime membershup (you need a proper distribution company/warehouse for this)
                  (3) FBA - Fulfilled by Amazon

FBA is where you get any of the products sourced above and send them to Amazon. They sit in their warehouse, they do all the distribution and customer service. This is the most popular, becuase it allows you to have a business that they effectively run for you (hence the videos sitting on beaches)

So Ive created a six figure Amazon business and I've turned over £20k in the last three weeks mostly flipping products from retail stores / online sites at 3x buying price.

There;s loads of things in this area, you just need time to learn it all

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

I'm not doing anything with it cause I've been stuck for ages on seller verification

My daughter does white labelling with cosmetic products and has built a great wee brand for herself in a short space of time and does quite well out of it. She's currently fulfilling her own orders but is looking at FBA now as she's grown quite significantly. She's got some marketing skills though that I don't quite understand

Comment

Working...
                    X