• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM FAO MF (Amazon trading)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    May I refer you to the article from the verge I posted above it's possible that preping may be more profitable than sourcing.

As for those software prices - You need a lot of people at £12 a month to make a decent living. There are far better markets to be in.
    Eek, there are loads of profitable businesses around this. Prep centre is one, FBM Distribution another, scanning software, repricer software, scanners. The guy doing that £12 a month software has seriously underpriced it.

Basically it's like the gold rush. Most won't get anywhere, some get a good find, but mostly the people selling the shovels made all the money.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Eek, there are loads of profitable businesses around this. Prep centre is one, FBM Distribution another, scanning software, repricer software, scanners. The guy doing that £12 a month software has seriously underpriced it.

Basically it's like the gold rush. Most won't get anywhere, some get a good find, but mostly the people selling the shovels made all the money.
      I know - it's the underpricing that I dislked - once someone has underpriced it others have little choice but to compete at similar price points as they can't differentiate themselves enough.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I know - it's the underpricing that I dislked - once someone has underpriced it others have little choice but to compete at similar price points as they can't differentiate themselves enough.
        There's some better software about now that moves up and down in a range. If two people use a penny repricer it kills the listing, so I use one that runs down (including aginst Amazon) and then it jumps back up. Works well if only two using them, or Amazon.

The other thing, to do really big money you have to ship up a lot of stuff and so logistically you need to hire people and scale, otherwise it's not worth it.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
        X