• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aviva

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aviva

As of this summer, Aviva have made 1800 staff redundant in the UK and cancelled all contractors. I was one of them, 4 months into a 6 month contract.

While redundancies have been made and contractors culled, unsurprisingly the TCS headcount has been increased.

Do they still only do FTCs for 50k per year?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Do they still only do FTCs for 50k per year?
      TCS = Tata Consulting Services. Not aware of anyone being on a FTC there.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post
        ClientCo (FTSE100) has also made a deliberate decision to remove all U.K. based contractors and increase the headcount of TCS and ITCInfotech.

A number of contractors have got together to form their own SI, and a number of others have moved into a smaller existing SI.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post
          I meant Aviva not TCS

Comment

Should be on the lookout for Aviva roles in 1-2 years, when TCS screws the pooch.

I don't know if their website can get any worse, last time I had to use Edge !!! because it wasn't working properly in Chrome and IE.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              Should be on the lookout for Aviva roles in 1-2 years, when TCS screws the pooch.

I don't know if their website can get any worse, last time I had to use Edge !!! because it wasn't working properly in Chrome and IE.
              That sounds as bad as the Barclays website - what a pile of poo that is!
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post

That's what happens when you let the TCS boys loose on javascript.

I've never seen such a mess in all my life - it's a complete and utter shambles.

Absolutely no understanding of asynchronicity, use of redux patterns etc whatsoever.

Comment

Good pal of mine is an Aviva contractor. He's leaving at the end of the year but they offered him more to stay on. So it's definitely not true to say that Aviva have "cancelled all contractors."

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
                    Good pal of mine is an Aviva contractor. He's leaving at the end of the year but they offered him more to stay on. So it's definitely not true to say that Aviva have "cancelled all contractors."
                    They've certainly canned everyone at HO. An email went round with words to that effect. Either way, it illustrates a worrying trend that I predict will get worse; especially once you throw IR35 and Brexit into the mix.

Comment

Working...
                    X