• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client Medicals

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    "Then feel free to follow my desk and me through this window" came the exasperated reply.
    /pedant

There's no hope for some people. Was he called Darren?
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      /pedant

There's no hope for some people. Was he called Darren?
      I was quoting what he said. I should probably have added a (sic) for your benefit.
      No, nor was it suity. But we'd have probably used suity instead of the desk to break the window. #nosensenofeeling
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

We had the reverse parking thing in my last job. We also had to hold the handrail when walking up and downstairs and if we saw someone not holding the handrail then we had to log a near miss (I'm not joking).

Contractors were not pushed into attending medicals but they did have to attend mandatory health and safety training courses during which the handrail rule was drummed into us.

OH appointments at private medical companies are not cheap. It'd no doubt upset the client if I don't attend so my plan now is to disclose but do it in a way that makes me look like a great exemplar for the bipolar community. I might give them links to my posts on this forum to show them how well balanced and professional I am in comparison to the competition.
        Last edited by mb31; 6 December 2019, 21:07.

Comment

Checks employers can make on job applicants - GOV.UK

You can only ask successful candidates for a health check before hiring them if:

it’s a legal requirement, for example eye tests for commercial vehicle drivers

the job requires it, for example because your insurers need health checks on cycle couriers
          it appears to be inappropriate, especially for an IT contractor.
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 December 2019, 17:49.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Checks employers can make on job applicants - GOV.UK

it appears to be inappropriate, especially for an IT contractor.

That’s for employer/employee. Not for business to business contracts.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Off topic posta removed.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Off topic posta removed.
                Holy Willy strikes again

Comment

If that’s a lie we might as well ignore everything you write.
                  I’m easy either way.
                  A CLINT or a bulltulipter.

As for what it means.... squint while reading it....
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

There is no more to be done here.

Thread closed.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X