• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PwC's newest cash cow - IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PwC's newest cash cow - IR35

Email has just popped into the inbox from a team at PwC to inform me that the MSP who I currently provide services to has employed their services to determine IR35 status of all those PSCs currently within the business.

Email says I have 7 days to respond to the questionaire in the link, which is nice and timely for them. Now I'm not saying they're leading the witness but reading the following did make me smile.

"The answers you provide must reflect your actual circumstances and what happens in practice and may be validated by your line manager."

So, the game is afoot...

Originally posted by LetterBox View Post
    Email has just popped into the inbox from a team at PwC to inform me that the MSP who I currently provide services to has employed their services to determine IR35 status of all those PSCs currently within the business.

Email says I have 7 days to respond to the questionaire in the link, which is nice and timely for them. Now I'm not saying they're leading the witness but reading the following did make me smile.

"The answers you provide must reflect your actual circumstances and what happens in practice and may be validated by your line manager."

So, the game is afoot...
    Been afoot for a while. LinkedIn and the like are suddenly awash with people with zero history pretending to be experts on IR35.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

So, the game is afoot...
      What is a "Line Manager"? And why do you have one?
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

So, the game is afoot...
        Line Manager = 100% inside
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Total muppets and they are getting paid to do these assessments when that alone is a public statement of total incompetence. FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheInvoicer View Post
            Total muppets and they are getting paid to do these assessments when that alone is a public statement of total incompetence. FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            It makes perfect sense. The client co has the assurance that a big 4 firm has made the assessment. PWC avoid any liability by ruling everyone inside. The contractor gets shafted. Trebles all round.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
              What is a "Line Manager"? And why do you have one?
              Ah that old chestnut again. I know loose talk costs lives, but really.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I genuinely had my urine tested for cocaine yesterday ahead of my forthcoming contracting job and they asked for the name of my line manager.

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
                  I genuinely had my urine tested for cocaine yesterday ahead of my forthcoming contracting job and they asked for the name of my line manager.
                  Subject to drug testing AND a line manager - you are a slam dunk

j/k

Not a surprise really, that the biggest snake oil salesmen are joining the fray. OP please keep us posted if they find someone to be outside, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Ah that old chestnut again. I know loose talk costs lives, but really.
                    That "old chestnut" - and a thousand like it - are about to have severe implications. Really.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                    X