PwC's newest cash cow - IR35 PwC's newest cash cow - IR35
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 30

Still gathering requirements...

Default PwC's newest cash cow - IR35

Email has just popped into the inbox from a team at PwC to inform me that the MSP who I currently provide services to has employed their services to determine IR35 status of all those PSCs currently within the business.

Email says I have 7 days to respond to the questionaire in the link, which is nice and timely for them. Now I'm not saying they're leading the witness but reading the following did make me smile.

"The answers you provide must reflect your actual circumstances and what happens in practice and may be validated by your line manager."

So, the game is afoot...

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Quote Originally Posted by LetterBox View Post
    Email has just popped into the inbox from a team at PwC to inform me that the MSP who I currently provide services to has employed their services to determine IR35 status of all those PSCs currently within the business.

Email says I have 7 days to respond to the questionaire in the link, which is nice and timely for them. Now I'm not saying they're leading the witness but reading the following did make me smile.

"The answers you provide must reflect your actual circumstances and what happens in practice and may be validated by your line manager."

So, the game is afoot...
    Been afoot for a while. LinkedIn and the like are suddenly awash with people with zero history pretending to be experts on IR35.
    Blog? What blog...?

Super poster

So, the game is afoot...
    What is a "Line Manager"? And why do you have one?
    nomadd liked this post

bored now

So, the game is afoot...
    Line Manager = 100% inside
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Still gathering requirements...

Total muppets and they are getting paid to do these assessments when that alone is a public statement of total incompetence. FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvoicer View Post
    Total muppets and they are getting paid to do these assessments when that alone is a public statement of total incompetence. FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It makes perfect sense. The client co has the assurance that a big 4 firm has made the assessment. PWC avoid any liability by ruling everyone inside. The contractor gets shafted. Trebles all round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by nomadd View Post
    What is a "Line Manager"? And why do you have one?
    Ah that old chestnut again. I know loose talk costs lives, but really.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

Banned

I genuinely had my urine tested for cocaine yesterday ahead of my forthcoming contracting job and they asked for the name of my line manager.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by mb31 View Post
    I genuinely had my urine tested for cocaine yesterday ahead of my forthcoming contracting job and they asked for the name of my line manager.
    Subject to drug testing AND a line manager - you are a slam dunk

j/k

Not a surprise really, that the biggest snake oil salesmen are joining the fray. OP please keep us posted if they find someone to be outside, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Ah that old chestnut again. I know loose talk costs lives, but really.
    That "old chestnut" - and a thousand like it - are about to have severe implications. Really.
    nomadd liked this post