• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract ending early....is this legal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real question is, though - why do you all care so much that there are contractors out there who don't understand IR35? Why does it get you so triggered? I think you all secretly love it when people post silly questions because it makes you feel superior..
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
      The real question is, though - why do you all care so much that there are contractors out there who don't understand IR35? Why does it get you so triggered? I think you all secretly love it when people post silly questions because it makes you feel superior..
      Maybe it's the reason we are where we are now?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

To be fair I've worked with dozens of contractors for years and if you were to ask them, a few would say "it's something to do with not working somewhere for more than 2 years". My client told me that one this week as well.

And to be fair to them, not knowing about it hasn't harmed them a bit. Sods law dictated that, despite knowing all about it, doing checks and taking precautions, it's been me who has had to justify their designation to the Powers That Be.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

It gives him a stiffie.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

ah "triggered" - the most odious word in online discourse, deriving directly from trolling of woman reacting to hearing about sexual abuse ("trigger warning story contains... "... etc) Does that make me triggered? I guess so.

In answer to your question..... because it has led IR35 to where it is today, directly affecting all our livelihoods. Is that "triggered" enough for you to get a good old giggle at me? If so **** you.

Comment

Working...
            X